A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shefali Talwar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shefali Talwar, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Talwar graduated from Stony Brook University.
Dr. Talwar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Talwar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 88 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shefali Talwar practice?
Dr. Shefali Talwar practices Infectious Disease near Daly City, CA.
See Daly City Infectious Disease Doctors.