Dr. Sheherbano Mehdi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 23rd, 2015
Very Thankful for Dr. Mehdi
Dr. Mehdi was very professional and thorough. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia before I saw her but was told very little about the condition. There was an incident that I didn't understand and went to a cardiologist, had a brain MRI, an optomologist, a GP, then I went to Dr. Mehdi and she explained what was going on so simply and identified the problem exactly--she listened and took the time with me that I needed and resolved the issue almost immediately. I highly recommend her.

October 31st, 2015
Medical Assistant
The first few times I saw Dr Mehdi she listened well but after my fourth visit I felt like she just brushed me off. She diagnosed me with sjogrens and explained very little about the disease and what to expect. Her front desk is rude and also Supervisor. Now I see a different rheumatologist and she is running more test that I feel Dr Mehdi should have ordered since the beginning and before my diagnosis. My most recent lab came back negative and the previous levels were so low that my new rheumatologist felt that I didn't need the medication that Dr Mehdi prescribed (which I'm glad I didn't take). If you have a PPO go somewhere else. If you have an HMO make sure you complain to insurance if you are not happy. At the end of the day, it is your health and you are your best advocate.

February 4th, 2014
Don't waste your time or money. Seems like she cares, but doesn't take you seriously if you are young and new to navigating through the healthcare system.
Dr. Mehdi was the first Rheumatologist I saw at age 19 to get answers for some really painful and diverse symptoms. She was usually polite during the first couple minutes of my visits but as soon as I began to tell her my symptoms, she would frequently get up to leave the room (without excusing herself) to talk to her staff or other patients as they were leaving. Oftentimes, I felt like she didn't have the time for me or that she didn't take my symptoms too seriously as I was usually rushed out about 10-15 minutes into the visit and was never given the attention or answers I sought and paid for. Being a passive and patient person, I put up with this for about 4 visits before she finally gave me a rather disappointing diagnosis of "fibromyalgia" after performing ZERO blood tests or ZERO tests on me period. Although she DID hold my hand as I wept and begged her to keep looking and that there was something really wrong, as she guided me out to the waiting room suggesting that I speak to a psychologist instead. I left feeling pretty hopeless and depressed. My parents were more angry and disappointed, pushing me to talk to someone else, especially when things got much worse really fast. Two months after my last appointment with Mehdi, I was brought to the ER, delirious and in shock from agonizing pain caused by a highly serious and CONTAGIOUS virus that had raged havoc on my body. The virus reacted badly with my ruined immune system from battling with Lupus (all news to me!) as well. Neither of which Dr. Mehdi thought I needed testing for, by the way. All in all, by the end of the same year, I ended up losing a couple organs, stayed 95 days in containment/isolation at the hospital and passed the virus to my father (a lung cancer survivor) who had to get the rest of his right lung removed two weeks later and suffered pneumonia during his recovery. By my 20th birthday, I still had no contact with my family or friends, and I was awarded another painful and costly surgery to sever all the nerves leading to the left side of my chest because of the excruciating pain caused by Pleurodynia (Bornholm's Disease aka "Devil's Grip") so I wouldn't pass out from pain or stop breathing at random anymore. Seeing as chest pain was the main reason why I went to see Dr. Mehdi in the first place, I think actually doing a few tests could have saved me and my family a lot of suffering, time and tears (not to mention money) if she just gave my case a little teeny bit of consideration when I came in the first time and didn't judge me based off my age and submissive demeanor. People, do yourself a favor and see someone else....ANYONE else! Always get a second opinion and always do your own research! Don't settle on for one medical professional's opinion if the answers don't add up. Learning the hard way isn't worth it.

May 20th, 2012
I complained of dry eyes, hair loss and joint pain for to my opthalmologist, dermatologist and primary care physician for years before meeting Dr. Mehdi. She asked the right questions, examined me,x-rayed my hands and knees and ordered blood tests during the first office visit. When I returned a few weeks later, she told me I had lupus and Sjogren's syndrome. We talked about the auto-immune disorders and I am learning to listen to my body. I try to minimize flares by taking required medication, resting when tired, limiting outdoor activities and eating less unhealthy snacks.

July 5th, 2011
She is a wonderful diagnostic Dr. who does her homework, prior to a visit. She is also very warm and caring. She really helped me in the quality of my life!

April 4th, 2011
I've seen a lot of doctors, and I really, really liked Dr. Medhi. She explained everything very clearly, did things like administer a cortisone shot herself, and called me to discuss findings. She made me feel much more secure about my health.

March 14th, 2010
I appreciated the way she talked to me. Complete attention, eye contact, physical contact, and all the time i needed to ask questions...and cry. I feel informed about my diagnosis, and trust that i will beat this with her help,

July 8th, 2009
Great
I had an emergency on a Thursday and Dr. Mehdi saw me the next morning. I waited 10 minutes in the waiting room. She was really super nice and helped me with my ankle problem and the pain was gone the next day. I would recommend my mother to her.