Internists, Rheumatologist

23441 Madison St
Ste 340
Torrance, CA 90505
310-373-0340
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Don't waste your time or money. Seems like she cares, but doesn't take you seriously if you are young and new to navigating through the healthcare system.  |  show details
by Corey H. on Feb 4th, 2014

Dr. Mehdi was the first Rheumatologist I saw at age 19 to get answers for some really painful and diverse symptoms. She was usually polite during the first couple minutes of my visits but as soon as I began to tell her my symptoms, she would frequently get up to leave the room (without excusing herself) to talk to her staff or other patients as they were leaving. Oftentimes, I felt like she didn't have the time for me or that she didn't take my symptoms too seriously as I was usually rushed out about 10-15 minutes into the visit and was never given the attention or answers I sought and paid for. Being a passive and patient person, I put up with this for about 4 visits before she finally gave me a rather disappointing diagnosis of "fibromyalgia" after performing ZERO blood tests or ZERO tests on me period. Although she DID hold my hand as I wept and begged her to keep looking and that there was something really wrong, as she guided me out to the waiting room suggesting that I speak to a psychologist instead. I left feeling pretty hopeless and depressed. My parents were more angry and disappointed, pushing me to talk to someone else, especially when things got much worse really fast. Two months after my last appointment with Mehdi, I was brought to the ER, delirious and in shock from agonizing pain caused by a highly serious and CONTAGIOUS virus that had raged havoc on my body. The virus reacted badly with my ruined immune system from battling with Lupus (all news to me!) as well. Neither of which Dr. Mehdi thought I needed testing for, by the way. All in all, by the end of the same year, I ended up losing a couple organs, stayed 95 days in containment/isolation at the hospital and passed the virus to my father (a lung cancer survivor) who had to get the rest of his right lung removed two weeks later and suffered pneumonia during his recovery. By my 20th birthday, I still had no contact with my family or friends, and I was awarded another painful and costly surgery to sever all the nerves leading to the left side of my chest because of the excruciating pain caused by Pleurodynia (Bornholm's Disease aka "Devil's Grip") so I wouldn't pass out from pain or stop breathing at random anymore. Seeing as chest pain was the main reason why I went to see Dr. Mehdi in the first place, I think actually doing a few tests could have saved me and my family a lot of suffering, time and tears (not to mention money) if she just gave my case a little teeny bit of consideration when I came in the first time and didn't judge me based off my age and submissive demeanor. People, do yourself a favor and see someone else....ANYONE else! Always get a second opinion and always do your own research! Don't settle on for one medical professional's opinion if the answers don't add up. Learning the hard way isn't worth it.

May 20th, 2012

I complained of dry eyes, hair loss and joint pain for to my opthalmologist, dermatologist and primary care physician for years before meeting Dr. Mehdi. She asked the right questions, examined me,x-rayed my hands and knees and ordered blood tests during the first office visit. When I returned a few weeks later, she told me I had lupus and Sjogren's syndrome. We talked about the auto-immune disorders and I am learning to listen to my body. I try to minimize flares by taking required medication, resting when tired, limiting outdoor activities and eating less unhealthy snacks.

Jul 5th, 2011

She is a wonderful diagnostic Dr. who does her homework, prior to a visit. She is also very warm and caring. She really helped me in the quality of my life!

Apr 4th, 2011

I've seen a lot of doctors, and I really, really liked Dr. Medhi. She explained everything very clearly, did things like administer a cortisone shot herself, and called me to discuss findings. She made me feel much more secure about my health.

Mar 14th, 2010

I appreciated the way she talked to me. Complete attention, eye contact, physical contact, and all the time i needed to ask questions...and cry. I feel informed about my diagnosis, and trust that i will beat this with her help,

|  Great  |  show details
by Thank you on Jul 8th, 2009

I had an emergency on a Thursday and Dr. Mehdi saw me the next morning. I waited 10 minutes in the waiting room. She was really super nice and helped me with my ankle problem and the pain was gone the next day. I would recommend my mother to her.