Dr. Sheila Barbarino MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

May 27th, 2015
Great results with chemical peel
Dr. Barbarino had already done chemical peels on my mother-in-law over the last several years, each time with amazing results. She has had extensive experience with doing deep chemical peels which is so important. So when I decided it was time for me to tackle the hyperpigmentation on my skin, I knew I would go to her. I am Asian and my family tends to have dark spots. Also with sun damage and melasma from pregnancy, I had multiple areas that dulled my complexion and the dark spots were very obvious to me. After the peel she had me send pictures of my face to her everyday and I had a follow up appointment with her a one week. I don't know any other plastic surgeon who is that conscientious and careful with the peel. Her office also called me to make sure I was doing well and answered any questions I had. I am now about 3 weeks out from the peel and everyone has commented on how much brighter and even toned my skin is. Most importantly, many of the dark spots are gone and the oldest dark spots are fainter. I also got a little Botox on my forehead and in between the eyebrows and Dr. B always does the perfect amount for me. For a safe and effective chemical peel with great results, I would only go to Dr. B!!

March 2nd, 2015
Excellent plastic surgeon in the South Bay Area
I trust Dr. Barbarino with my face and that says it all! I wanted to get rid of the bags under my eyes and I felt my upper eyelids (I am Asian) looked puffy and made my eyes look smaller than when I was younger. Dr. Barbarino listened very carefully to what I wanted to achieve. She recommended an upper facelift and blepharoplasty. I didn't want my eyes to look unnatural though. She knew exactly how to achieve what I wanted and was even conservative in her approach, saying that after I heal, I might not even need to remove any additional tissue from the upper eyelid. It has only been a couple weeks since my surgery and all my family and friends say I look about 8-10 years younger but that I still look like myself. I do not look unnatural in any way. I am so happy with the results and I would give her my highest recommendation!

August 25th, 2014
Great Experience
I would highly recommend Dr. Barbarino and Dr. Wu for any cosmetic surgery procedure. After tickle lipo, I get compliments all the time on how great I look. Don't hesitate to see them for a consultation. Both doctors and Amanda are excellent to work with.

February 17th, 2014
Fantastic Vision
Dr. Barbarino, or Dr. B as most come to know her, has a super fun personality and a beautiful office. Don't let that fool you. She's a tremendous surgeon with who cares deeply about helping her patient's achieve the beauty they seek. She has a fantastic eye for assessing what will help rejuvenate a patient whether through injectables or cosmetic surgery. While she's always a bit more confident about what I need that I am, she's never steered me wrong. I always look natural and it's become a running joke how regularly I get complements from people who think my skin looks amazing - there really are a few secrets out there! She has encouraged me to try Botox, etc., fillers and laser treatments to correct facial pigments (redness). I look and feel amazing. After a few children, I sought consult on how to overcome some stubborn areas I've not been able to correct through a healthy diet and regular exercise. She and her colleague Dr. Wu convinced me to try the new Tickle Lipo technology and fat injections in my cheeks (in lieu of of above mentioned injectables). I was extremely nervous. The procedure was done under local anesthesia (you are awake) and the results have been amazing. She followed-up with me of the next few days to insure I was feeling well after the surgery and I was out moving around the following day. Her staff takes excellent care of patients and all procedures can be done in office because of the new attached surgery center. I can't recommend Dr. B and any more highly. Simply the best. Don't bother with anyone else.

October 29th, 2013
Upper Blephs, IPL, Fillers
Dr. Barbarino did my upperlids when I was 45 years. I was always bothered when I applied my make up, looking tired, and having excess crepe-lines on my upper eyelid skin. She made feel and look much younger. I would say that Dr. Barbarino is aggressive but safe and gives you the optimal results that we are all looking for as women. She knows exactly what women want and makes them look much more youthful. I also had a lot of Rosacea on my face and she treated me with the IPL treatment and virtually my Rosacea diminished instantly. I was so happy to not walk around with such red rosy cheeks. Lastly, she filled my face with fillers because I lost 10lbs and lost volume in my cheek areas and my face was drawn. Now, I have nice cheek bones and plumped lips and my make up goes on nicely. I'm so happy with all of the procedures she performed on me and would recommend her to all my family and friends.

May 21st, 2013
So glad I found such a caring Dr.
Dr. Barbarino is hands down the only surgeon that I would trust to do surgery. She did a Facelift and removed skin, and fat from my lower eyelids. It has been only 1 week since surgery and I love my natural look already. She didn't give me that unnatural pulled look. Thanks Dr. B for being such a caring Dr.and giving back a face I can smile about again!!!!

April 19th, 2013
Dr. Barbarino is amazing.
I met with Dr. Barbarino earlier this year for a Smart Lipo consultation. After asking many questions and listening to her educating me on the process and procedure, I was sold. I knew she would be the right person to help me with my "trouble areas." She had also recommended a little botox and fillers based on my questions about my under eye bags. Little did I know that a few injections (during the same office visit) made it all go away without any surgery! Then, after having the very "easy" smart lipo procedure done a few weeks later, her caring and follow up on me was so refreshing. I am beyond thrilled with my results and everything she said would happen throughout my recovery happened. She knows her stuff when it comes to beauty and looking "youthful." I have found my fountain of youth in Dr. Barbarino!

March 29th, 2013
The Very Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Los Angeles - Bar None!
Dr. Barbarino performed face lift and ear reconstruction surgeries on me three days ago. After the first day, I no longer needed pain medication and was driving my stick-shift sports car. I have very little bruising and can already see that the results are spectacular. Dr. Barbarino is brilliant intellectually, but beyond that she has a true eye for beauty. I was born with nice looks, but Dr. Barbarino has taken what I have and made it beautiful. She is professional, a perfectionist, and always goes the extra mile. I recommend without reservation for surgery and all other beauty needs, such as botox, fillers, and skin care. She is the very, very best. I would not think of going to anyone else.

March 9th, 2013
Dr. Barbarino is the best in Los Angeles!
I give the highest recommendation of Dr. Barbarino to everyone I know. She has helped me with so many things, from removal of small skin lesions (I get keloids easily and she was able to remove them w/o resulting in keloids!) to botox to laser to general ophthalmology issues. She is truly an expert in her field and always explains everything in a way you can understand. In terms of anti-aging treatments, she is able to achieve what you are looking for. For instance, I never want too much botox and she always does the right amount for me to give me the natural (and younger!) look I want. Thank you so much, Dr. B.!!

February 25th, 2013
yes virginia there is a santa claus
or at least as close to santa as you can get. Dr Barbarino gave me the gift of beautiful skin, minimized wrinkles and renewed respect for the field of anti aging medicine. She made wonderful suggestions based on my specific concerns and then perfomed those proceedures with the care and attention to detail that I had not ever experienced in the past with any type of doctor. So regardless of what your specific concerns are: know you will be in great hands. I will post my specific proceedures in an additional post for those intrested.

February 16th, 2013
Excellent doctor!
I went to see Dr. Barbarino for a chemical peel and botox. She explained everything very well. Her warm, friendly, yet professional manner put me at ease since it was my first time getting it done. She followed up with me very closely and we achieved wonderful results with the peel! She also did exactly what I wanted with botox. I did not want too much botox, just a gentle improvement of wrinkles and she did exactly what I requested. Everyone says I look 10 years younger. Thank you, Dr. Barbarino!

October 19th, 2012