Dr. Sheila C Barbarino, MD
1601 Pacific Coast Highway
Suite 150
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310) 402-2255
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Experience  |  show details
by Robert on Aug 25th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Barbarino and Dr. Wu for any cosmetic surgery procedure. After tickle lipo, I get compliments all the time on how great I look. Don't hesitate to see them for a consultation. Both doctors and Amanda are excellent to work with.

|  Fantastic Vision  |  show details
by Ann L. on Feb 17th, 2014

Dr. Barbarino, or Dr. B as most come to know her, has a super fun personality and a beautiful office. Don't let that fool you. She's a tremendous surgeon with who cares deeply about helping her patient's achieve the beauty they seek. She has a fantastic eye for assessing what will help rejuvenate a patient whether through injectables or cosmetic surgery. While she's always a bit more confident about what I need that I am, she's never steered me wrong. I always look natural and it's become a running joke how regularly I get complements from people who think my skin looks amazing - there really are a few secrets out there! She has encouraged me to try Botox, etc., fillers and laser treatments to correct facial pigments (redness). I look and feel amazing. After a few children, I sought consult on how to overcome some stubborn areas I've not been able to correct through a healthy diet and regular exercise. She and her colleague Dr. Wu convinced me to try the new Tickle Lipo technology and fat injections in my cheeks (in lieu of of above mentioned injectables). I was extremely nervous. The procedure was done under local anesthesia (you are awake) and the results have been amazing. She followed-up with me of the next few days to insure I was feeling well after the surgery and I was out moving around the following day. Her staff takes excellent care of patients and all procedures can be done in office because of the new attached surgery center. I can't recommend Dr. B and any more highly. Simply the best. Don't bother with anyone else.

|  Upper Blephs, IPL, Fillers  |  show details
by Faith on Oct 29th, 2013

Dr. Barbarino did my upperlids when I was 45 years. I was always bothered when I applied my make up, looking tired, and having excess crepe-lines on my upper eyelid skin. She made feel and look much younger. I would say that Dr. Barbarino is aggressive but safe and gives you the optimal results that we are all looking for as women. She knows exactly what women want and makes them look much more youthful. I also had a lot of Rosacea on my face and she treated me with the IPL treatment and virtually my Rosacea diminished instantly. I was so happy to not walk around with such red rosy cheeks. Lastly, she filled my face with fillers because I lost 10lbs and lost volume in my cheek areas and my face was drawn. Now, I have nice cheek bones and plumped lips and my make up goes on nicely. I'm so happy with all of the procedures she performed on me and would recommend her to all my family and friends.

|  Not applicable  |  show details
by Mary O on May 28th, 2013

Dr. Barbarino did an amazing job on my lips. One side of my mouth tends to be lower than the other side and it also had a deep crease. Dr. Barbarino had a natural sense of where each injection was to be placed in order to not only balance my lips but to eliminate the deep crease. At the end, my lips look amazing but most importantly they look natural and fuller without the duck look. I am very pleased with the results. I will go back to Dr. Barbarino and highly recommend her. Best, Mary

|  So glad I found such a caring Dr.  |  show details
by Deborah Woodcok on May 21st, 2013

Dr. Barbarino is hands down the only surgeon that I would trust to do surgery. She did a Facelift and removed skin, and fat from my lower eyelids. It has been only 1 week since surgery and I love my natural look already. She didn't give me that unnatural pulled look. Thanks Dr. B for being such a caring Dr.and giving back a face I can smile about again!!!!

|  Dr. Barbarino is amazing.  |  show details
by Mom of 2. on Apr 19th, 2013

I met with Dr. Barbarino earlier this year for a Smart Lipo consultation. After asking many questions and listening to her educating me on the process and procedure, I was sold. I knew she would be the right person to help me with my "trouble areas." She had also recommended a little botox and fillers based on my questions about my under eye bags. Little did I know that a few injections (during the same office visit) made it all go away without any surgery! Then, after having the very "easy" smart lipo procedure done a few weeks later, her caring and follow up on me was so refreshing. I am beyond thrilled with my results and everything she said would happen throughout my recovery happened. She knows her stuff when it comes to beauty and looking "youthful." I have found my fountain of youth in Dr. Barbarino!

|  The Very Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Los Angeles - Bar None!  |  show details
by Nancy Tetreault on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr. Barbarino performed face lift and ear reconstruction surgeries on me three days ago. After the first day, I no longer needed pain medication and was driving my stick-shift sports car. I have very little bruising and can already see that the results are spectacular. Dr. Barbarino is brilliant intellectually, but beyond that she has a true eye for beauty. I was born with nice looks, but Dr. Barbarino has taken what I have and made it beautiful. She is professional, a perfectionist, and always goes the extra mile. I recommend without reservation for surgery and all other beauty needs, such as botox, fillers, and skin care. She is the very, very best. I would not think of going to anyone else.

|  Dr. Barbarino is the best in Los Angeles!  |  show details
by S.H. on Mar 9th, 2013

I give the highest recommendation of Dr. Barbarino to everyone I know. She has helped me with so many things, from removal of small skin lesions (I get keloids easily and she was able to remove them w/o resulting in keloids!) to botox to laser to general ophthalmology issues. She is truly an expert in her field and always explains everything in a way you can understand. In terms of anti-aging treatments, she is able to achieve what you are looking for. For instance, I never want too much botox and she always does the right amount for me to give me the natural (and younger!) look I want. Thank you so much, Dr. B.!!

|  yes virginia there is a santa claus  |  show details
by jo c. on Feb 25th, 2013

or at least as close to santa as you can get. Dr Barbarino gave me the gift of beautiful skin, minimized wrinkles and renewed respect for the field of anti aging medicine. She made wonderful suggestions based on my specific concerns and then perfomed those proceedures with the care and attention to detail that I had not ever experienced in the past with any type of doctor. So regardless of what your specific concerns are: know you will be in great hands. I will post my specific proceedures in an additional post for those intrested.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by P.A. on Feb 16th, 2013

I went to see Dr. Barbarino for a chemical peel and botox. She explained everything very well. Her warm, friendly, yet professional manner put me at ease since it was my first time getting it done. She followed up with me very closely and we achieved wonderful results with the peel! She also did exactly what I wanted with botox. I did not want too much botox, just a gentle improvement of wrinkles and she did exactly what I requested. Everyone says I look 10 years younger. Thank you, Dr. Barbarino!

|  Very Satisfied!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

Thanks Dr. Barbarino!

|  The best of the best!  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

Found Dr. Barbarino through a friend who had used her numerous times prior for various plastic surgery procedures so I decided to make my appointment with her and I'm so happy I found her. Her bedside manner is impeccable & her attention to detail is amazing. She explained everything step by step so I knew exactly what to expect. She took the anxiety out of everything she was doing for me. She talks to you and not down to you. I've seen a few different plastic surgeons in the past and Dr. Barbarino is by far the best. She's effective yet gentle. For as much experience as she has she's not arrogant at all. She's very personable and listened to what my concerns were. I'm a fan and a patient for life! I'm recommending her to everyone I know!

|  Dr. Sheila Barbarino take time to listen to her patients' needs  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

I had cystic acne and hyperpigmentation when I went to see Dr. B (as she is lovingly referred to by her patients).I was losing hope already after 2 cycles of PDT( which was very painful and I look horrible)and my acne was not getting better. I am a nurse practitioner and in my profession, it is important that as I caregiver, I should also look healthy and presentable for my patients which was not the case when I had these pimples. My previous doctor told me that accutance is the last resort but I am already in my late 30's and still hoping to conceive. When I came to Dr.B and told her my concerns,she told me that she will work with me and she will do her best to make my skin look better. it has been 6 months and my skin has never looked this good. You can see my before and after pics in Dr. B's office and you will see the difference. I get compliments all the time and my confidence was restored. I am writing here to let people who might be in the same situation like i was know that there is hope and Dr. B is the right person to go too. I am now a happy camper! Thank you Dr. B.! Always,R.

|  Madeleine  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Barabarino is amazing! She is so sweet and very knowledgable about facial aesthetics, especially anything having to do with eyes. Her office also has very effective and high end products, and my skin looks absolutely incredible. I couldn't be happier and would recommend anyone to her!!

|  Amazing doctor!!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

She know's what woman need without paying too much for her services. I had an IPL Laser for Rosacea and my skin looks so radiant. I hardly wear anymore makeup because, my Rosacea is virtually gone. She also performed Asclera for my leg veins and now I can finially wear shorts and skirts without feeling embarrased. Also, I had a B-12 shot with MIC in it..made me have more energy to workout not feeling sluggish. Not to mention also I did not feel hungry at all. Overall, she is an amazing physcian that will transform your skin, face and body to make you feel more confident and beautiful.

|  Perfect Experience  |  show details
by Kathy P. on Sep 2nd, 2012

Dr. Barbarino is the only doctor I will go to for my Botox and filler injections. I went to two other doctors before a friend recommended Dr. Barbarino and she is definitely the best! The results are always natural - when I tell people I've had my lips done, they are always amazed and ask for Dr. Barbarino's number. When it's time for my facelift (in the not-too-distant future), Dr. Barbarino is my only choice. My husband and daughter also go to Dr. Barbarino for their various needs.

|  Extraordinary SmartLipo Experience!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Barbarino she is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner! I recently had smart lipo on my flanks/lower back and the results are far beyond my expectations. I have a very low pain tolerance and was very worried about being wide awake during the procedure and even more nervous about the pain and swelling in the days that followed. The only (and very brief) painful part was the initial lidocane injection, but after a couple of seconds I could hardly feel a thing. After the surgery, when the anesthesia eventually wore off, there was no pain at all - only mild soreness.I took two days off from work; which was overzealous, because I felt fine the day after. There was some swelling and bruising, but no pain whatsoever just a bit sore. Added bonus I could see results right away!I'm so happy with the outcome; I have already scheduled an appointment with Dr. Barbarino to do my abs next month she is fabulous!

|  Dr. Barbarino is Amazing & The Absolute Best!  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I first started going to Dr. B 1yr ago in the Desert. She did an expert & natural looking liquid facelift on me along with botox & chemical peel. I look 5-10 years younger & my skin gorgeous!I love her, my results & will travel to the end of the earth if I have to because she's worth it!

|  The Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the South Bay (or anywhere)  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I have had a fair amount of cosmetic surgery (breasts, face, tummy tuck) so I believe I am in a position to judge. Dr. Sheila Barbarino is BY FAR the best. She has an artistic eye for creating physical beauty, and has the hands of a sculptor. I cannot rave enough about her work. I recommend her more than 100%. She is THE BEST!!!

|  exzellent doctor  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

Im very happy, never had a doctor who cared so much, westood in contact daily with email and photos, so Dr. Barbarino could see my healing progress.She commented the photos every day, so I felt very comfortable. She did a great job on my eyelids, the result is very nice.

|  Great Treatment, Great Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

As a guy, I have a lot of in-grown hairs so I looked for a Dr. that could perform hair removal. I was treated by Dr. Barbarino for hair removal and it was a great experience throughout.In the waiting room I was offered a very nice espresso, and was seeing Dr. Barbarino before it even arrived.The treatment itself was great. I've had this treatment before and Dr. Barbarino's method and settings were better than the previous Dr. and left much less skin discoloration than the other treatments I have had.Overall I highly recommend Dr. Barbarino!

|  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

I had a sun spot on my face and Dr. Barbarino took it right off. Great after care directions and follow-up as well.

|  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

Dr. Barbarino is truly the best. Her aesthetic eye is so precise. She knows exactly what kind of treatment is needed for wrinkles and lines and she does it better than anyone else I have ever been to. I will never look for another doctor, I have met the best!

|  Best Botox Ever !!!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I've had Botox in the past but never satisfied until I met Dr Barbarino. She took one look at me and knew what I needed, she treated my problem areas with such care I barley felt the injections, she truly is an expert injector!!! I am so impressed with Dr Barbarino's skills and knowledge I've scheduled a consultation for a chin augmentation. I finally found the doctor I've been searching for!

|  Skin Peel  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

I received a full face skin peel from Dr. Barbarino that has left my skin looking AMAZING! She targeted my worst areas and was delicate where needed. But the overall outcome has left me looking 15 years younger. She was very knowledgeable and extremely sensitive to my wants and concerns as well as advising what would work best for my skin type. Very pleased with the results!

|  I've never looked so good in my life!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr.Barbarino really understood what I wanted. I look amazing!

|  Fabulous  |  show details
by cpb on Aug 30th, 2011

Dr Barbarino did my botox and I was very happy. she has great ideas for other services and a very caring attitude. i will return to her for sure.

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

Dr. Barbarino is amazing! I feel like she really understands me and it's great to have a woman's perspective