Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Patient and RN  |  show details
by gwen graves on Aug 12th, 2014

This Dr. is okay for a simple exam. But is not only a poor practioner but a person of poor character. She did a routine hysterctomy on me that almost cost me my life. Did not inform me of all diagnostic info like my uterus on sonogram had fibroids as large as a 5month pregnant woman, which would have made a lap procedure inappropriate. She did it anyway. 30-45min procedure took 4hrs. Pulled foley in ORknowing she went through ureter tried to repair did not inform me. Sent me home and when problems arose would not call me back all day. I was septic,had 6-7operations afterwards, took no reponsibility. Through this course she abandoned me in the middle of care and another wonderful human being took over. I ha. 3 episodes after 3 major surgeries where she would not return call, 911 for first then ER then OR. During the last episode i called at 8pm insisted on speaking bc i was leaking profusely. She yelled and screamed at me for insiting on speaking to her when not on call. She does not have professional staff, she had an inexperienced MA, who was afraid to give her info about my emergent situation. She is a menance to patient care and the hospital(Prebyteiam at Dallas-Walnut Hill did not care). I currently struggle with PTSD from her butchery, i have not been able to regain my life(unable to work, sleep, ongoing depression and nightmares, unable to trust medical practices and the documentation was atrocious. It did not indicate the extensive physical or psychological damage done. Happened in 2011 and now 2014 and this was first major surgery. She mutilated left ovary that had engulfing cysts instead of taking it out. Now it continues to grow cysts. Please for your safety do not use this provider or the hospital. Because in their notes they made each surgery look separate when they all were a result of incompetence. To make a mistake is human, but to not admit and take care of the patient is neglect, malpractice and monstrous behavior to say the least. I stil carry the scars, pain everyday, severe GI complications and urinary problems, but the worst injury is taking my sense of security away: you have to ask a lot of uestions, get 2nd opinions, good referrals from a provider you trust and report back to them about the care you are receiving, have someone go to appts with you if it is anything other than a preventive exam, and most importantly Never BELIEVE ANY PROCEDURE IS ROUTINE.IF NOT COMFORTABLE WITH ANSWERS OR LACK OF INFO LOOK FOR ANOTHER PROVIDER YOUR LIFE COULD DEPEND ON IT.

|  Dropped the ball in the end.  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

Dr. Chhutani was recommended to me by a friend after I complained about not liking my ob during my second pregnancy. I liked her just fine all the way through all visits. She was kind and attentive. The time came for us to schedule an induction date. We agreed upon a date, as she would be returning from a trip in time to make the appointment. Turns out, things progressed much more quickly than anticipated and another doctor in her group had to deliver my child. That part was understandable. The part I didn't appreciate is that doctor Chhutani didn't even come by to see us in the hospital. She never checked on nor acknowledged us. I found that to be very poor bedside manner, and we have seen the delivering doctor since then. Very upsetting and disappointing.

|  A in every respect for 1st visit with Dr. Chhutani  |  show details
by Pat on Apr 15th, 2011

I sought a second opinion on treatment options, as presented by my usual gynecologist, for an advanced case of uterine prolapse. Dr. Chhutani spent a great deal of time going over my med. & family history with me before conducting a physical examination. I was struck not only by her obvious intelligence, extensive knowledge and experience, but also by her personable and pleasant manner in handling the numerous questions and concerns I had. She was sensitive to my ambivalence about maintaining the status quo vs. surgery or less invasive procedures and very patient, as she helped me to finally come to a decision. My intention was to limit the second opinion inquiries to just that - a one-time visit. However, after my appointment with Dr. Chhutani I felt fully confident in going forward with her recommendations and now, after 18 years with my gynecologist (who I have been fully satisfied with), I am pleased to say that I now consider Dr. Chhutani to be my new gynecologist.