Dr. Sheila Devanesan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 8th, 2015
Amazing Doctor and fabulous person. She delivered my first son and was fantastic.

November 26th, 2014
Best OB/GYN!!
On my first visit I was scheduled to see another doctor within the practice and she was very nice. I was kind of surprised when the switched my doctors on me (I began seeing Dr. Devanesan) and now I am so very thankful! She was always so caring, I never had problems getting appt's scheduled with her and after 16 hrs of trying natural labor she regretfully told me she had to do a c-section because the baby was in distress. She even tried flipping my baby while I was in labor (she was head down but face up) but to no avail. I told her I was terrified of the procedure and she hugged me while the anesthesiologist provided the spinal block. Less than 5 yrs later I am pregnant with my second and I scheduled with a doctors office closer to my home. The OB/GYN's there are AWFUL! I will be driving the extra miles monthly, and in the end, weekly, just to go back to Dr. Devanesan. I have virtually NO SCARRING from my c-section. I also healed like a charm and never had any complications with the incision site. On my post partum she hugged me and held the baby. She is very caring, understanding and helpful. I honestly don't know how anyone could complain about her.

April 29th, 2014
horrible
This is the worst Dr I have ever seen, she is very rude and arrogant. She doesnt let you get a word in when asking questions. I am a first time mom and single, I am working two jobs and in school and I have not had time to do my 3 hr glucose. This Dr accused me of being negligent of my unborn baby and said i was being intentionally non compliant, i told her she was rude and needed to check herself. she got another Dr for my apt. do not ever go to her, she is not nice at all, and has made 2 of my other friends cry as well that have had her.

April 10th, 2013
Terrible Doctor
This woman was the worst doctor that I have ever seen . She is arrogant and will.not listen to her patients . She criticized me for not remembering my last Pap Smear and wouldn't listen to me when I complained about the severe pain in my right ovary during the pelvic exam. I had already had a baseball-sized cyst removed along with my left ovary less than a year before. In both cases, Dr. Devanesan said she couldn't feel anything so there was not a problem. She told me I should respect her medical opinion and not go looking for problems in my ovaries. I switched doctors immediately and sure enough, there was a large dermoid cyst on my ovary that had to be removed a week later. Do not relay on this woman for your reproductive health!

August 26th, 2010
Linda K.
I found the doctor to be very caring and understanding of my feelings. She did not make me feel poorly about myself for having not seen a gyn. in sometime but rather helped me feel at ease with the action I was taking now in addressing my problem. I found her by way of a co-worker who also praised her.