Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Dr. Prompt  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

He's smart, he knows what he's doing, but he is in a hurry, has too many patients, and doesn't have time to explain anything. I have seen his compassionate side, but it is rarely exhibited because he is so overworked. Yet he values promptness - I hardly ever have to wait on him. Get the last appointment of the day and he will be more friendly and open to explaining things. Get the first appointment of the day, whether a procedure or a office visit, and expect quickness & efficiency, and dialogue that will take less than a minute.

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 10th, 2013

Really bad physician. Sees you for less than 1 minute. Rushes around, always wants to move on. Doesn't answer questions. Bad reputation in town. Avoid. If I could give 0 stars I would.

|  Dr. Shekhar Challa Gave Me The Wrong Diagnosis  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Shekhar Challa 3 months ago regarding sharp pains I was receiving in my abdomen. Dr. Challa told me that it was just excessive gas and had me take a product called super probiotic. He directed me to a website to sign up for a "free trial."I tried the "free trial" of Super Probiotic and not only did it not work, the pains worsened. I decided to seek a second opinion and discovered that I had cancer. Had I caught the cancer a few months prior I would have been ok. Instead I now have to undergo more intensive therapy. The icing on the cake here is that the "free trial" was actually anything but free. My credit card is now getting charged $70 a month. When I contacted Dr. Challa he told me that I was not entitled to a refund and then reverted back to the terms and conditions. Come to find out this "sugar pill" is owned by Dr. Challa.I typically don't leave reviews however I must say that if you have any intentions of going to see Challa as a patient, I recommend you do NOT use his practice. Not happy!

|  show details
Sep 2nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Challa is not a bad doctor. He is quick at finding what's wrong with you. He suggested that I should do a colonoscopy and I'm glad I did.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  show details
Jan 24th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Go to him at your own risk!!!!! He didnt fix my problem, cost me loads of money and prescribed me things that weren't safe for me to take! He didn't seem to listen to my concerns and continued to prescribe me things that were only making matters worse. So

Read Full Review at yahoo.com