Dr. Shelby Hampton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 23rd, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Hampton for about ten years, and I would never go anywhere else. She takes my crazy questions without batting an eye, and has a wonderful bedside manner. Sometimes it's hard to get a nurse on the phone, but that is true of most specialists these days.

March 26th, 2014
woodlands mommy
I've been using Dr. Hampton for over 7 years and she truly has the best bedside manner I've ever seen. She's known for her calm soothing voice and bright smile everytime she comes in the room. Very lucky to have found her!

September 12th, 2011
Most sweetest, professional, comforting OBGYN and doctor I've ever known. I was so amazed at her bedside manner. Her office staff welcomed me with smiles, and everything from start to finish at each of my appointments were a breeze. I was very nervous the first time I was there because of a procedure I had to have, but Dr. Hampton adn her staff got me through it. I plan on having a long lasting relationship with her, and Dr. Turner, her partner, Dr. Turner for years to come!Liked: Disliked:

July 24th, 2010
Wonderful doctor.
Dr. Hampton is my OB. I have suffered a long time with a problem that other doctors never thought anything of and she diagnosed it correctly the first time after lab work and ultrasound. She helped us get pregnant with fertility and took care of me during the pregnancy with twins like I was family. When there was a problem with one of the babies she stayed by me and comforted me when I needed it. When I go in for yearly visits she sits and talks and spends time with me and not like other doctors that are only in the room for 2 minutes. She sees you as a human being not just a patient. (Her associate Dr. Turner is amazing as well) I would recommend her 100%!

June 20th, 2010
Dr Hampton is amazing but unfortunately her staff isn't. I have never been in a Dr's office with such a rude nurse. I actually found myself dreading my appointments because I didn't want to have to deal with her nurse. This woman was always rude and seemed to be a perpetual bad mood. The birth of a child should be a happy experience at the OBGYN. I have to say that even after I made a complaint nothing changed. Sad because Dr Hampton is a great Dr.

September 1st, 2009
Nearly let me and my daughter die...
Dr. Hampton is a great doctor--if you only need her for the prenatal care. I'd love to have her as a friend to hang out with. However, I do not recommend her for labor and delivery. She allowed me to experience 22 hours of labor (5 of them pushing) while hardly checking in on me. After my family pleaded with her to look at me (she was in the hall chatting with someone) she finally did. With less than a minute's worth of an exam (it was an obvious problme) she immediately recommended an emergency C-section because my bones were not opening--at all. Later, I found out that any experienced doctor or midwife would have known that my faulty bone structure could not naturally birth a child. Especially a baby that was nearly 10 lbs...