A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sheldon Gonte:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sheldon Gonte is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sheldon Gonte, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Laser Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Gonte graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Gonte has 27 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gonte accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 25 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sheldon Gonte practice?
Dr. Sheldon Gonte practices Ophthalmology near Sterling Heights, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Detroit, MI and Royal Oak, MI.
See Sterling Heights Ophthalmologists.