A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Sheldon Kamen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sheldon Kamen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Kamen graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Kamen has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Hillcrest Hospital
- UH Bedford Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kamen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Anthem - 10 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 9 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sheldon Kamen practice?
Dr. Sheldon Kamen practices Ophthalmology near Cleveland, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Bedford, OH and Independence, OH.
See Cleveland Ophthalmologists.