Dr. Sheldon Wasserman MD Patient Reviews

Removed my Essure device
I love Dr. Sheldon Wasserman throw him I got my life back

November 8th, 2015
Great person, great doctor
Dr Wasserman was not my OB for my first child but fortunately ended up delivering her when I was induced. Because we felt so comfortable with him, we chose to go back to him for our second child. He was so supportive of my desire to attempt a vbac. We trusted that if he was ever concerned about something and would recommend a second c section, we would follow his lead. That's what happened. I progressed to the point of being able to push but the baby showed some signs of distress. The nurses kind of dismissed it saying his heartbeat has dropped before but always came back; but Dr Wasserman was clearly uncomfortable. He recommended a c section, and we're so grateful. The baby's cord was wrapped around his neck, leg and torso and he had somehow tied a knot in his cord. After the delivery, I experienced massive hemorrhaging but Dr Wasserman and others' quick action saved my life. I was in the hospital for 11 more days, the first 7 in the ICU, and Dr Wasserman visited every day. He's awesome, I would recommend him to anyone.

November 7th, 2015
Dr wasserman helped me have a vaginal birth after two c-sections! He was kind and supportive and respectful and just amazing. I absolutely loved him!

October 30th, 2015
Amazing!!!

January 6th, 2015
Wonderful
I was shocked to see a bad review on this Dr. I have not been to him in a while, but have been experiencing some post menopausal problems and am hoping to see him, as I am not at all happy with the Dr. who did my original surgery. I would see Dr. Was sermon when I had serious issues before I went through menopause and the once after when I had some bleeding. He was one of the best Doctors I have ever been to! Not only was he very thorough, he consulted with other Dr.'s to make sure he was making the right choice for me. I was also very impressed that after not seeing him in years, not only remembered me, but remembered what we had talked about the last time I saw him and where I lived! I can't say enough about him and will not hesitate to see him again, if he can given the circumstances. The original Dr. is from St. Mary's as well, so not sure if he can do a follow up because of that. I love him!!!

January 7th, 2014
A doctor who tells you not to not worry about anything and barely listens to you or shows compassion. He's a doctor who likes to joke around and be your buddy. He is very hands off, so when a problem arises during your pregnancy or labor/ delivery do not expect him to be there for you. He prefers natural deliveries because he is lazy and doesn't have to do much work. He should really stick to politics-in that profession you can bullcrap your way through anything, but regarding a women's pregnancy and bringing a life into this world; there needs to be loyalty, understanding and knowledge. He is one of the worst doctors I have ever had in my life thus far. You think he cares, but wait until labor/delivery and postpartum. He could care less. Arrogant, condescending and lacks in effective communication. Think twice before accepting him as your OB/GYN- There are plenty out there who are far much better than him.

December 30th, 2011
Very Accommodating OB
My wife and I were planning recently for a birth at a local birth center under the care of a midwife. However, very late in the pregnancy, our baby flipped to footling breach and would not be able to be delivered naturally without an external version. Our midwife got us in touch with Dr. Sheldon Wasserman, and we couldn't be happier she helped us make the connection. He made himself immediately available to transfer care to him despite never having met us. He scheduled the version for the next day, although we did not make it that far. Going from a birth in the maternity center to a likely c-section in the hospital is quite a shift in the type of individualized care that we could have received. Thankfully, Dr. Wassermann again came through big time for us, coming in to the hospital on a night when he was neither on call nor on duty, and then working with us to make sure as many of our hopes for our baby's birth would be realized as possible after it became apparent that my wife was in labor and a version was no longer an option. He checked on me and our baby in the NICU to be sure all was well after the surgery (I figured my wife would be his only concern). His follow up care prior to my wife's discharge from the hospital was very impressive. When we discussed the fact that we were cash patients, he was extremely proactive in helping us keep costs to a minimum by moving up my wife's discharge to 11:00 PM to make sure we weren't billed for an additional day's stay at the full hospital rate and had her stay as a guest with our baby for the final night. Dr. Sheldon Wasserman is a great doctor with a respect for parents and their desires, as well a great bedside manner. He learned of our case one day, met us and delivered our baby via emergency c-section the next day and through it all listened to us and treated us with respect and dignity as we all worked together to bring our son into the world.

March 28th, 2011
EXCELLENT CARE!
I had my first appointment with Dr. Wasserman this week and it was probably one of the best appointments I had with an OBGYN! Granted we were mostly talking, but I really felt like he listened to me and my concerns and gave me time to process his responses. He was also very sure to not pressure me into any decision but just gave me all the facts. He was friendly and made me feel very comfortable right away. I thought I wanted a female doc, but I am definitely happy in my choice to stick with him. Five stars all the way!

June 9th, 2016