Dr. Sheldon Weiser DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2017
Pushes Drugs!
Sheldon Weiser ( I refuse to refer to him as Dr., because he's not), is nothing more than a pill pusher. He doesn't care about your problems, just about your insurance! He a narcissistic low life. We spent most of our appointments talking about my insurance, him, and anything but my issues. He prescribed Ativan 2 mg. three times a day. At the time I didn't know that that was the highest dose of that drug you could take. I actually became addicted after taking the drug for years. It wasn't until Weiser exhausted my insurance benefits, that I had to find another doctor who really helped me. He got me off the Ativan and literally turned my life around. Weinstein is a loser and a poor excuse for a human being! He's not a doctor, he's a fraud.

September 7th, 2016
Horrible Personality
His wait time is great, however he has a real bad attitude. Miss an appointment even if you were in the hospital he will stop seeing you. Very crude, little to No compassion for your needs. I ran out of medication and he would not refill it, until I see him in person so he can get paid. I had bad withdrawal symptoms. Also he will tell you that you cannot be treated by anyone else he is to treat you ONLY. The only other nice thing is, he will give you over-medication, if you think that is good.

July 3rd, 2016
He has been my doc for years.

January 24th, 2016
Saved
During a particularly traumatic time in my life, I went to see Dr. Weiser. I credit him with saving my life. He always responds to my calls, takes a genuine interest in my physical and mental health and I find him fascinating to talk to. I am none the worse for his lack of staff as he takes good care of me without them.

September 9th, 2015
He is a bit cocky and makes you feel stupid when you ask him questions. If you are looking for someone who is going to get to the underlying issues if your problem... He's not the one for you... He just prescribes meds and constantly changes dosage and meds. He's a pill pusher/ dr feel good. He rushes you out of your appointment within 20 min. Tops! Very uncaring, sarcastic and any questions or recommendations you bring to his attention he has s negative attitude about.

December 9th, 2014
need more
hard to get flexible appointments; doctor has mixed up appointments; doctor has not been in office though we had an appointment; doctor will only write 30 day scripts so you are forced to come back month to month even if you feel every 2-3 months would work. slow in billing for visits which messes up your budget for insurance. no staff to assist you. doctor copied insurance card multiple time and kept saying i never gave it to him. when you can corner him he can come up with good comments and plan of action.

September 15th, 2014
Experience and Knowledge and Intelligence over bedside manner
Psychiatry is not always about the specific pain in a specific spot. It takes a doctor of great intelligence and experience to diagnose a patient in this field and do so correctly. Often such diagnosis comes from simply having a conversation with a patient. That is what Dr. Weiser does. I have been his patient for over 5 years. I trust him with my kids. He will not overprescribe and he knows his meds. He cares very much about his patients. Yes, he appears abrupt; why not just call it "no-nonsense". He sees many patients, and, realistically, it is not possible to for an MD in any specialty, who takes insurance to spend more than 15 minutes with a patient. If you need someone to listen to your problems and hold your hand, you should find a therapist in addition to your psychiatrist - because this is how this field works these days. FYI - pharmacologically speaking, the treatment of mental conditions is a game of darts, and having a doctor who will NOT harm you trumps "nice" any day. If I could give him 10 stars, I would,

March 25th, 2014
Unconventional yes... But helped me a lot!
This guy got me off 6 heavy duty psychotropic drugs prescribed by a real drug pusher who had misdiagnosed me big time!! He has really helped me. You have to get and keep his attention... He will listen. Yes he answers his phone.. Big deal.. He will answer for you! He can be a pain in the butt.... Hey but so can I!! If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and dry your tears move on. If you want to get good straight forward treatment and get well give him a shot. I will say the music in his waiting room stinks! :))

July 22nd, 2013
What a Joke
Brought me in first day said I'm depressed and prescribed me meds. Always has an attitude when he picks up the phone and has hung up on me more than once. He changes the times he sets for appointments and then says you missed them and makes you pay for them. Don't waste your time find someone who cares about helping you.

May 15th, 2013
Great life perspective
Dr. Weiser pretty much calls it as he sees it. At first, it was a little strange that he answers the phone during your office vist - but then when it is YOU calling it seems very nice that he answers his own phone. He is a fan of meds, but will not pressure you into anything you don't want to do. No nonsense - but he is very busy and doesn't see patients in the evening so it is difficult to see him very frequently. You can easily get a hold of him during office hours, but you can't get a hold of him when the office is not open.

November 30th, 2011
Rude and Abrupt
Talks about himself the entire 15 minutes you see him when he's not taking phone calls which is half the time. Can't remember anything and if you have audacity to call him with a question he mumbles and hangs up on you, emergency or not.

November 28th, 2011
Disappointment
I wish I would have read these reviews before I went to see this doctor. He doesn't focus on the issues that brought you there and spends most of the time talking about current events. This guy simply hands out scripts for meds and takes your co-pay. Horrible to try and fit appointments in unless you don't work or have a flexible schedule. After I told my primary care doctor they told me that is why they don't refer anyone to him. Now my primary prescribes my meds and I see a therapist/social worker who is great.