Dr. Shelley Blackburn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shelley Blackburn?

November 18th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Blackburn for many years. She has always taken the time to talk to me about whatever I need. I have a rare condition. Not amny doctors know much about it. Shelley has taken the time to educate herself, so that she can help me. I have been to other doctors who feel that I'm not important enough to learn anything. I have referred many people to Dr. Blackburn's practice.

July 26th, 2016

Great doctor, very glad I made this choice!

I have had bad experiences in the past, so I researched carefully before choosing a doctor this time. Dr. Blackburn won't always explain everything in the level of detail I'd like, maybe, but I tend to be a little paranoid and overworried. What she DOES do is make sure that all of my conditions are being monitored, and that none is over looked. She does focus on the most important problem at the time, and deals with it before diffusing her focus. She does read all the letters she gets from specialists, and knows what I'm talking about if I mention them in any appointment. She does follow up on all my test results in a very timely manner. She does show empathy and compassion without being patronizing. She does consider my mental health wellness, and asks screening questions to make sure I am not struggling and that if I am, I get the help I need. She does not keep me waiting, in the lobby or in the patient room. She does not talk down, sugar coat or oversimplify anything - she gives it to me straight but is not brusque. In short, this is everything I could have asked for in a doctor and I am incredibly glad that she came up in my search and took a chance. My only fear is that she'll retire from medicine before I retire from needing her!

July 11th, 2016

Love Shelley, excellent care. Hard to get in to see as so popular.

March 3rd, 2016

She cares.

Doctor Blackburn has been my doctor for many years. She cares. Most doctors see a patient as a paycheck. Shelley listens, she hears you. I have recommended her to others. I drive 40+ miles from my home to see Doctor B.

June 5th, 2013

Worst DR I have ever seen!

This has got to be the worst DR that I have ever seen! She has told me twice that I failed a drug test for Marajuana and I don't even smoke it! Kinda funny when my employer does a random I pass with flying colors! She prescribes hardcore narcotics to people I know who go out and sell them but someone who really needs them, she wants to terminate from her office! This DR needs to be turned into the DEA!

May 29th, 2013

REFUSED HELP FROM HER OFFICE PARTNERS

I CALLED THE OFFICE TO SEEK HELP FOR MY SON, AND WAS TOLD BY THE OFFICE PEOPLE THAT THE DR.S WERE TOO BUSY TO TALK DIRECTLY WITH ME , BUT SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME BACK WHICH THEY DID, BUT ONLY TO TELL ME THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO FOR ME BECAUSE IF MY SON REALLY NEEDED HELP HE SHOULD GO TO MED CARE... HE IS BI-POLAR AND NEEDS TO HAVE A CARING PERSON HELP HIM IN HIS TIME OF NEED. WITH THAT SAID I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE OF SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS TO HIM IT IS SAD THAT THIS OFFICE REFUSED TO HELP MY CRY FOR HEALTH......

April 25th, 2013

Dr. Blackburn is wonderful with patients who want to have some control of their own treatment. She takes time to explain things and listened to my ideas of what I need. Very easy to talk to and I don't feel rushed during my appointments. She also does not prescribe unnecessary tests and drugs. Spends more time talking to make sure she has all the facts needed to figure out the best course of action.

October 24th, 2012

Wonderful doctor!

Doctor Blackburn is a wonderful doctor with an excellent bedside manner. Every time I see her, I feel like I am seeing a friend.

September 7th, 2012

Does not care about patient

Has prescribed medication to my sister and I that is known to aggravate diabetes. Doubled a dosage of a prescription I was taking when I asked to ween ...

December 19th, 2011

Doctor OK, Entire staff lacks touch of compassion

Shelly is ok, but like all doctors she too only likes to treat the one problem that is going on with the patient and not do a complete analysis of other things going on. The other doctors at that clinic only like to see their own patients. Lab results take forever to return and the office staff is not very friendly. They all lack the touch of compassion and welling wishing for the patient. Don't expect a followup phone call.

December 14th, 2011

Professional, Kind, and Easy to Trust

I've been seeing Dr. Blackburn for a year now, and she's one of the best doctors that I've ever seen. I have several health conditions unusual for someone my age, and she has taken the time to understand them and develop a plan in handling my concerns. It is true that she will write prescriptions for pain killers; however, she is far from reckless with them, and she always checks in with me about my pain levels and how often I'm needing to take pain killers. I absolutely trust this doctor to do what is best for me.The office staff is pleasant. They are courteous and respectful, and they are all about helping you as best they can. It can be difficult to see Dr. Blackburn, as she's very popular, but they still do everything they can to schedule my appointments at times that work well for me.There is a dog running around. He's going blind and deaf, and the doctor really can't leave him at home. He's incredibly sweet, and honestly, I've dealt with so many bad doctors that a small dog running around is the cutest problem I've seen.

May 4th, 2011

Great Doctor

Dr. Blackburn has always taken the time to learn about me and any problems I might have. She has taken extra time to understand my conditions and ailments. She is very knowledgeable about many different diseases and conditions and she is open to learning more.