Dr. Shelly Hook Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Shelly Hook?

Do not go see her

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

Worst Doctor I've ever seen. After my delivery (let me labor too long after water broke) she had to reopen my c section incision due to infection. Then treated it wrong and caused a staph infection. Cut me open in her office multiple times, told me to suck it up & stop acting like a child.

Great choice for a OB provider

Posted on August 12th, 2015

She is a great doctor! I truly appreciate her time, her patience in hearing what I as a patient had as concerns or questions about, and she shares her similar experiences showing genuine compassion! Jennifer is a busy busy nurse and competent. Getting in touch with the office like all clinics nothing immediate unless a true emergency. Fully trust this group!

Nurse is horrible

Posted on May 3rd, 2015

I gave the "courteous staff" and "follows ups on visit" one star because the nurse is HORRIBLE. First of all it is SO hard to get a hold of her on the phone. You basically have to keep calling multiple times a day for a week until she finally answers her phone. I was just wanting to know my lab results and I called MULTIPLE times and left MULTIPLE messages and even left a message with the appointment lady to leave on her desk... The nurse NEVER called me back. And this has happened in multiple occasions when I have been needing to ask her questions about my pregnancy. Needless to say, I switched Ob doctors just because of the nurse. Dr hook is a very good doctor but with this being my first pregnancy, I have questions that need answers and the nurse never responds to her messages or hardly ever answers her phone. Also another issue is that when I found out that I was pregnant, the only thing they did was schedule my first appt at 10 weeks and asked over the phone if I had any questions. This is my first pregnancy... I friggin have a TON of questions all of which I can't think of at the time and that I'll never have answered because the nurse doesn't ever call you back. Well when I switched doctors, the first thing they did was schedule me an appt the next week with the nurse to give me a packet of information and go over my labs and such, which is awesome. I'm already liking my new Ob clinic.

Posted on November 10th, 2014

Two appointments in a row of over three hours in the office between wait time, seeing the attending for maybe 10-15 minutes, and then wait time in the lab. Great doctor, but I don't know how someone has time to spend a half-day in the clinic.

Posted on March 14th, 2017