Dr. Shelly Leeds-Richter MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2016
Honest, charismatic, comfortable, personable.

May 4th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
I have been seeing her for 14+ years and have always liked her. She is honest, caring and knows her stuff. She makes you comfortable to talk to her and trust her.

February 15th, 2016
This doctor is very straight to the point. She does not sugar coat anything. I was having some problems and instead of addressing them so told me I needed to lose weight and to do that then if I was still having problems in a year we would talk about doing something medically. REALLY!!!!! I left in tears crying and feeling like I am a fat cow - which by the way I am not. I'm not a skinny person, I am a average person who wares a size 14. Yes I probably have a few pounds I could loose but to make me feel like I was completely Obese depressed me. She may be a good doctor but she does not care about your feelings that's for sure!!!!

January 20th, 2016
She is an amazing doctor! Smart, funny and to the point!

August 5th, 2014
Patient
She is thorough and the best!!!!

December 2nd, 2013
Failure All Around
Dr. Leeds-Richter performed my D and C after my miscarriage. As if a miscarriage is not hard enough, we later found out I had a complicated situation that had to be closely monitored with weekly blood tests for several months. I never again heard from Dr. Leeds-Richter, her NP, her nurse or anyone on her staff. With a rare and potentially life-threatening condition, one thinks she would have followed up after giving such grave news; however, to say Dr. Leeds-Richter dropped the ball would be putting it very, very lightly. Dr. Leeds-Richter's lack of action could potentially be deemed medical negligence.

August 2nd, 2012
Wonderful Doctor
I have been seeing Dr Richter for many years. She is a great doctor and I have recommended her to friends. She even came to see me at the hospital when I had a Masectomy just to see how I was doing. How many doctors would do that. Shes great and is highly recommended by myself and my daughter.

April 9th, 2012
Dr. Shelly Leeds-Richter delivered all three of my children and I absoultely LOVE her. I have referred many friends to her that have used her and love her as well. I can not imagine going to anyone else for anything.

March 1st, 2011
I have been going to Dr. Richter for 10 years now. She is a great doctor. She cared for my pregnancy and other complications and procedures as well. Very knowledgeable and kind. She does tell you how it is though but it's always for your own good.

October 12th, 2010
Actually Cares About Her Patients
I have visted a number of OB/GYNs in my 49 years and 5 children. She is the best!! She spends enough time with each and every patient to really find out how you are doing, both mentally and physically. Her easy going personality and great sense of humor make you feel comfortable and at ease (even when your feet are in the stirrups!). If you're like me, and hate finding a new doctor, I recommend Dr. Shelley Leeds-Richter. One visit and you'll never go anywhere else.

September 10th, 2010
great doctor, poor staff
I have been seeing Shelly since 2000. I have always thought that she is an amazing doctor. I have sent many of my friends and family to see her as well. In previous years, I have called and the nurses were fabulous. They almost helped me more than Shelly. I always felt comfortable with the advice and service. However, recently, I have called and the nurses are less than thrilling. They are rude, can't answer my questions, and rarely call back with requested information/help. I needed to come in on short notice and had to see her PA who is a joke!. From now on I will only see the doctor. For urgent matters I will see my general doctor rather than the PA.

August 24th, 2010
Excellent Doctor with Wonderful Bedside Manner
Dr. Leeds-Richter performed my hysterectomy earlier this month and she was AWESOME. She came to check on me the day after the surgery which was her off day. She's honest, direct and thinks out of the box when it comes to taking care what is wrong with the patient. The only thing I had an issue when it came to my surgery was the lack of pain management. I felt that I could have been given more to help lessen the pain post surgery but I do understand in this day and age physicians do not want their patients to become co-dependent on prescriptions. So I took the medicines that she prescribed and used a heating pad as she suggested. My follow-up with her went quick and wonderful as well. She even showed me the pictures from the surgery and explained what went on. Dr. Leeds-Richter asked me my opinion when it came to my treatment and wanted me to fully understand that the procedure was a permanent one. She is an excellent physician.