Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shemsu Balker
Dr. Shemsu Balker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Balker is affiliated with Dallas VA Medical Center, Ennis Regional Medical Center and Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Shemsu Balker has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress,...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Shemsu Balker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.
Dr. Van Dang
Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
Dallas, TX 0 mi13
Dr. Parvaneh Najafi
Dallas, TX 0 mi30
Dr. Subhash Banerjee
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Dallas, TX 0 mi25