Dr. Shenin Sachedina DO Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Winter Park, FL

September 12th, 2016
biopsy
I had a breast biopsy done 1 week ago. As of today I'm still in a lot of pain. I had a follow-up visit at which time I had to insist on getting medication to control inflammation. I am very bruised and did not expect to be in pain for so long. I have had biopsies before but nothing like this bruising. I have spoken to several people who have had breast biopsies and no one has experienced anything like this.

July 14th, 2014
Unfortunately I guess my case was not a high priority. I was made to feel as if my past history with cancers is irrelevant because I did not have the reports in hand-insinuating I was lying. Very offended ! told to wait 6 months and see. This doctor and practitioner need to understand their patients' point of view and fears and stop trying to "educate" them. What your patients need is compassion regardless of what You consider severe or urgent. It is their bodies and their fears and their urgency

June 18th, 2013
I came to see this doctor after my doctor assured me she was a good doctor and to get a second opinion * I called the office to ensure my they recieved my records, one employee said they did..two others said they didnt **Show up at the office they needed another record from my doctor ***they called me thinking I was from the doctors office ***the doctor came in and spent five min with me, she said she will give me a wealth of knowledge, well I guess that must be one of her statements because when she came in after 5 min she said she needed to take a lump out; ok then she said she had to go attend to cancer patients left without me asking any questions. I was expecting a more caring doctor, I guess If I have cancer then she will pay attention to me for more $$

October 7th, 2012
Nightmare
I had the worst experience with Dr. Sachedina and her office. I would not recommend her to anyone. I underwent a biopsy to determine a lump was a fibroadenoma. Her office required a mammogram before they would see me, which I paid for out of pocket. When I arrived Sachedina told me they only view mammograms done at their own facility and charged me for that "visit". Then they charged me to come back for one of their mammograms. Then they refused to give me results over the phone and insisted I come in (another charge) to tell me I needed a biopsy. Sachedina is completely lacking in bedside manner. She explained the biopsy to me as a "very small needle, similar to a flu shot, that goes in once" and that was it. When I came in for the biopsy, she gave me a totally different story, including the fact that a metal clip is inserted which counters my religious beliefs. She argued with me and raised her voice to the point where I began crying. She told me I had fifteen minutes to make up my mind and stormed out of the room. All the while I was in serious fear that the tumor was cancerous, when in reality all indications pointed to it being a fibroadenoma. I agreed to the procedure and she proceeded to use a drill. Must larger than a "small needle". I was sitting up and had to watch the entire thing, unlike other offices where you are placed on a special table on your stomach. She kept going back in with the drill five or six times. It was graphic. I don't think I have ever been more upset. Then, I had to come back in for the results (another charge, wouldn't talk over the phone), to find out that nothing was wrong. Then I was told I must come back to Sachedina every year and was discouraged from finding another breast surgeon.I asked the doctor if there was any other way for this to be resolved other than via a biopsy. From detecting the lump to the two mammograms to the biopsy, everything indicated the fibroadenoma. Yet the biopsy was inevitable. The doctor said that no matter what, they would ultimately opt to do a biopsy. What I want to know is why I was scheduled and charged for all these appointments and mammograms when they knew what they were going to do anyway. They should have just scheduled the biopsy off the bat because nothing they could find would change their mind - as they told me. I ended up spending a fortune in medical bills all over nothing. I was bullied and scared. I wouldn't recommend Sachedina to anyone.

September 10th, 2012
Fabulous Dr.
I love love this Dr. She was very warm and very educational through the whole process. She wanted to make sure I understood everything and explained things in terms you could get. I would tell anyone to go to her. Her staff is fabulous as well, a definite reflection of her.

October 20th, 2011
Ease of Cancer diasnosis
If you have to have breast cancer then Dr Sachedina is the best all around and would rescommend her to anyone in need of breast cancer surgery.

July 27th, 2010
Great Doctor, Keep the good work up Dr.Sachedina.Thanks

March 24th, 2009
Dr. Sachedina performed my double mastectomy 2 years ago. Her post op care and concern was fabulous. The only problem I had was never once seeing her during my post op exams or any further exams. After such a drastic surgery I would have liked to have seen her at least once.

June 24th, 2008
The best and nicest Dr I've known
If you want a conscientious breast surgeon with a caring and warm personality. Dr Shenin Sachedina is #1,she was my surgeon in Dec 1999 and I'll always have a great respectful love for her. Me again Dr "S"...