Dr. Shepherd Pryor MD Patient Reviews

September 18th, 2016
Not Satisfied
I got my nose done by Dr. Shepherd Pryor back in 2013 & my nose still bothers me. I went to him for nose reconstruction and also found out I had a deviated septum. I brought in pictures of noses that I thought looked good and we agreed that those were how the surgery would try to make my nose look. All the before appointments were great, he made me feel comfortable, and I was really looking forward to a new smaller nose! Surgery went well, and so did the healing process, but when my cast got taken off my heart dropped because my nose looked crooked, as well as swollen (which is normal). He assured me that the crookedness would get better over time. Every follow up appointment, I will still unhappy with my nose since it was crooked and not to mention, not much smaller than my original nose. All my after surgery appointments were a lot different than my before surgery appointments. He always seemed to be in a rush after my surgery and didn't spend much time with me and my concerns. At my last visit I asked him what I could do about my nose being crooked and if there was anyway he could fix it. He told me that it is not something people will notice and that another surgery would not be a good option. So I left unsatisfied and $7,000 poorer. I had been made fun of all my life for my nose and I was so excited to finally get it fixed, only to be disappointed. I have had people tell me it is a little crooked and I try to just not think about it since I cannot afford another nose job right now. I tried e-mailing Dr. Shepard Pryor a few months ago to tell him how unsatisfied I have been with my nose and sent pictures. I never got a response. As for my deviated septum, I am able to breath slightly better, but now that my nose is crooked, I feel like I would be able to breathe even more if it was straight. If you want reconstruction on your nose I would not recommend going to this doctor.

November 18th, 2013
Dr. Pryor
past...I myself have seen 2 ENTs out here in AZ. I really liked dr. Pryor but once we moved, his office was a schlep and a 1/2... Present.. My 8yr old daughter gets strep often. Once it is treated she is usually fine. Lately lots of throat complaining but she isn't sick. We went to my other ENT, who I think is really good. He gave his opinion, (tonsils should come out) but talked to ME the whole time.. I decide I NEED to take her to Dr. Pryor.. I just remembered the 2 times I saw him a few yrs ago were positive..and I was SO happy to see his office moved (not sure when this happened) ANYWAYS.. What a better experience for my daughter!! Basically same appt, BUT dr. Pryor talked to HER! Explained her tonsils to HER! Yes he talked to me too, but I could see how much better my daughter felt with Dr Pryor! We scheduled surgery with dr. Pryor. When we left the other office the other day she was visibly stressed...when we left DR. Pryors office she was calm. makes this mom feel so much better sending her daughter into surgery :)

November 7th, 2013
Dr. Pryor is the best of the best! From the moment I stepped into his office I knew he would be the one doing my surgery. His confidence, ability to explain exactly what would happen and how long it would take, and the overall attitude and professionalism convinced me he was the one. Having seen another potential surgeon who scared me regarding my sphenoid sinus surgery, I felt very comfortable having Dr. Pryor doing my surgery. The surgery went exactly as he said it would, took the amount of time he had shared and the following day I was a new woman with no headaches. To say I was "blown away" is an understatement. Rarely have I seen a doctor with such a great presence who actually sits down and takes the time to discuss what is going to happen and is 100% on. Add to that this is doctor who gives back. When I read his reviews I was so impressed that not only is he a brilliant surgeon but he has a kind heart. In this world this is huge!. Thank you Dr. Pryor for an amazing experience! Highly Recommend!!!!

November 4th, 2013
BOTHCHED SURGERY!!!
NIGHTMARE! Dr.Pryor burned my left lower eyelid during a quad blepharoplasty using bi-polar forceps with unguarded tip,requiring surgical intervention during the surgery. He excised 1/4" from the lid, there was also a deep tear on the inside of the eyelid. He didn't inform me of the injury. I complained to his assistant the next day about the extreme pain in my eye even with meds, asked to see Dr. Pryor, was told not to come in just take more pain meds(repeatedly told the same when calling daily,due to stabbing pain my eyeball). Went to an Oculoplastic specialist with a severely abraded cornea caused from a chain of suture knots from the "repair" of the burn. ( This was the stitching he left between the eyelid and eyeball "stitched deeply", causing many painful issues). A 2nd surgery was required by an Oculoplastic Specialist to repair the result of Dr. Pryor's "repair," which had the eyelid & lashes rolled inward,& prevented my eye from closing completely. Basically, Dr. Shepherd G. Pryor V, MD, botched my surgery, attempted to hide the injury, provided minimal aftercare,caused a medical issue with my eye, 2nd surgery required to allow the eye to close completely, permanent scar, & required continuing care. The botched surgery was approximately 18 months ago and I still deal with issues due to the injury everyday. Also, the 2nd surgery required another 1/4" of eyelid to be removed creating an asymmetry that was not there to begin with. HORRIBLE experience! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOC!!! If I could rate a ZERO I would!!

September 19th, 2013
Nose Surgery
Dr. Pryor is an awesome doctor! He was extremely patient and answered all of my questions. He never hurried me through our appointments. He always made sure I got all of my questions and concerns answered. Dr. Pryor was straightforward and did not make promises that were unrealistic. He is confident, kind and skilled. My surgery went better than expected with excellent results. I am breathing now better than ever and my snoring is almost gone. I am also happy with the straight nose I now have! I still look like me, but better!

April 12th, 2013
Dissapointed
After 3 trips to emergency, got in to see him, had to come back 3 days later. For the $900 he charged, he only recommended I keep the inside of my nose moist with a touch of Vaseline. Still have a bad problem, but I won't go back to see him for sure.

November 16th, 2012
Now I have the perfect nose!
I had a great experience with Dr. Shepherd Pryor. He listened to exactly what I wanted to change with my nose. I went to 2 consultations prior and both physicians wanted to change things that I did not want to. Even as far as getting a chin implant or injections to make my chin bigger to make my face more balanced. I previously had the hump taken down several years ago but the tip of my nose didn't match my face. He did such an amazing job and I never thought I would ever look at my profile and LOVE IT but, now I do. Thank you Dr. Pryor!!!

August 15th, 2012
Deviated Septum with Pryor
I had a deviated septum for 20 years before going to Pryor to get it fixed. Throughout the entire process of consultation, surgery, recovery, and follow-up, Pryor was candid, realistic, and answered all my questions. He told me how the surgery would go and how long the recovery would take. Everything went even better than he anticipated and the repair caused much less bruising and pain than anyone expected. I was completely happy with my doctor, the surgery, and the results. After 20 years, I had forgotten what it was like to breathe and sleep so well. He even improved the look of my nose bridge during the surgery. 6 months out, my nose looks better than every, feels and works great.

May 7th, 2012
Gifted Surgeon
I recently moved to the Phoenix valley from rural Idaho and was in great need of a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and patient board-certified ENT who was equally gifted and board certified in facial reconstruction plastic surgery. I thought I was looking for a needle in a haystack. It took me a few appointments with different doctors and time researching. Finally, I found Dr. Pryor. He is an answer to my prayers. He took time with me and explained my options in terms I could understand. I needed reconstruction to rebuild the forehead bone between my eyebrows after another doctor left me with an unsightly, disfigured forehead when he removed the bone between my eyebrows to dislodge a severe emergency sinus blockage. My frontal sinus became infected and blocked again and Dr. Pryor addressed both problems along with reconstruction issues. On the blockage, he used a procedure similar to heart surgery, using a stent (that is how I could understand it). In a nutshell; he placed a stent in my frontal sinus to keep the opening from closing and rebuilt and sculptured the bone in my forehead. He made me look like I used to!! I am now 6A months out from the surgery. My sinus has remained open, just like he said it would, and my forehead looks normal. I feel great and my self-confidence has returned. He is the best doctor to ever treat my life-long sinus problems. I highly recommend him to everyone I know. He is a stellar surgeon with wonderful bedside manners. He has healed sinus problems with his skill and knowledge that many other ENT surgeons were unable to accomplish. I trust him. He is a gifted man!!

February 1st, 2012
Deviated Septum / Rhinoplasty
If you are someone looking to have a Deviated Septum / Rhinoplasty surgery done, I would without a doubt have Dr. Pryor perform it. He explained the whole procedure in laymans terms and my experience before and after was just as he explained. I had very little pain or swelling, but that may vary for someone else. He gave me such a sense of security that I would highly recommend him for this kind of surgery. He is a pleasant person and my experience was awesome.

August 31st, 2011
A True Professional
I cant begin to describe how lucky I feel to have had Dr. Pryor as my physician. His thoughtful demeanor and thorough knowledge of rhinoplasty made the entire process such a positive experience. His ability to listen to me and deliver what I wanted was incredible. I was always afraid of getting my nasal deformities fixed in fear of looking over done. I am simply amazed at how natural Dr. Pryor has made my nose look. Esthetically, my nose looks beautiful, straight and proportioned to the rest of my face. Also, I can now breathe normally, which was my main objective. I dont snore anymore and my sleeping habits have changed in such a tremendous way. I can actually sleep all the way through the night! The friendliness of Dr. Pryors staff was the icing on the cake. They are wonderful, caring individuals, who treat you like family, not just a faceless patient. I cant begin to describe how wonderful it felt to receive phone calls from the staff to make sure I was OK after my surgery. I have worked in the healthcare field for 8 years and I have never experienced such a down to earth and experienced group of people. Kudos to Dr. Pryor and his staff for making my surgery a five star experience.

August 11th, 2011
Great Surgeon
I visited with several ENTs before meeting Dr. Pryor. I had a nice visit with him about my problem (had deviated septum and wanted my nose straight after falling and breaking it 9 months prior). He came across as personable and confident. His great reviews online helped as well. He was a little quick in and out of the office visits after the surgery, but I guess there really wasn't much to discuss. I will recommend him to anyone. The Piper Surgery Center was an EXCELLENT facility as well.