inactive

Sher M Ghori MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

March 16th, 2016
Not again
I very rarely give this poor of a review on anything. However, If you want a Physician that will diagnose you with his back to you and enjoys his computer more than taking time with you or talking to you and explaining things to you this is your Doctor. He just wants to give you medicine without explaining or ship you off to some big clinic for review when he specifically said it will not do any good???

October 21st, 2015
Dont see this doctor
Don't waste your time or money. He will diagnose you with his back to you without telling you what medications you are getting. You find out when you go to the pharmacy and pick them up. Waste of my time and money.

February 2nd, 2015
Diagnosed me when no one else could.
32 years old and was having mini strokes which led to a full stroke. Despite seeing my PCM, another neurologist, a cardiologist, and going to the emergency room for my symptoms Dr. Ghori found a small artery in my neck. Three times I visited the ER and was sent home everytime. One of those times a doctor told me I was having siezures. Dr. Ghori got me on Warfarin and seven months later I'm back to exercising and on asprin. He may have saved my life. I would call that confident.

July 17th, 2014
Experiences with Dr. Ghori staff
Dr. Ghori is a great Dr, but the staff some of them love the word NO. All the time I asked for something their answer is "I can not do that". They are not friendly at all. I feel bad for the Dr., because he some of his patients are getting another Dr. because we do not want to deal with a very rude staff. The billing billing department if the patient have two health insurances they will be to one of them, and then without the patient knowing the billing department will send what ever balance the patient owe to a collection agency. The patient is not even aware that they owe the money. They do not take the time to inform the patient that there is balance. If you have a primary insurance and Tricare Standard as a second insurance you better check, because they are not bothering with the Tricare insurance, but they do take the time to send the bill to a collection agency.

May 29th, 2014
guardian of a patient
Although the wait was a little long. It was worth it. The staff was very nice and Dr. Ghori was very thorough and helpful. He listened to mother and didn't discount what she had to say. He ordered test and followed up..

November 30th, 2013
Visiting Dr. Ghori
Being a patient of Dr Ghori's was an awful nightmare. He was rude and condescending. His office does not return calls. The nurse gave us the wrong information about how to take an anti seizure drug. He ordered blood work to determine the level of the anti seizure drug and although it was a low level, his nurse did not call with results. We were told that if it had been urgent, they would have called. I had a grand mal seizure 30 minutes after leaving his office. It seems that a seizure disorder should be deemed an urgent situation. I was administered an EEG in his office, and Dr. Ghori specifically told me I would receive the results the next day, but was never notified if results. The information on one of his websites and on his office door say they are open until 5:00 pm Monday -Thursday, but the actual closing time is 4:30. When I asked about the correct hours, I was told that those hours had been on the door for 6 years, but they were not right. Although that it an insignificant issue, it is indicative of the slipshod operation of this office. I would not have rated this doctor a one star, but it was a required field and there was not a zero!!

June 5th, 2012
DR Ghori is very thorough and really cares. Sometimes the fact that English is his second language may make him appear to be less than the caring professional he is. And his staff is superb.

August 26th, 2011
The worse doctor I follow-up and 4 years later I still have the samee problem.

July 8th, 2011
Go to another Doc
My 24 year old son went to see Dr Ghori for three years. His was rude when I ask him to repeat something due to not understanding him. He offered no solutions, just changed his meds four times with still no solution to his problem. We went to another doctor and he refused to give my son any more meds, sent him to UAB immediantly for intense testing and hopefully will have surgery. Dr. Ghori did one MRI and CT, no other follow up and seems to be very judgemental.

June 20th, 2011
worst doctor I have met
The first time I visited Dr Ghori I was kept waiting over an hour and a half. The doctor spent two mins with me and said you have a seizure disorder which you are already taking medication for you cannot drive for six months. I understand not driving six months but no emotion or support was given to me when he knew I earned my living driving. The office lost my lab results did not return my calls. It was the longest six months of my life.

October 25th, 2010
I started seeing Dr. Ghori when I first had MS. He was very good to me and the treatment of my illness. He was up to date on MS. He seems to lack bedside manner due to his accent but really he does care that you are getting better.