Dr. Sherene Mason MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2015
She's really great
Dr. Mason is taking care of me while my doctor is on her maternity leave and she has been wonderful. I've known her for a little over a year now because she takes care of me while my doctor is out. She is easy to talk to and jokes around with me to lighten my mood when I'm not feeling well. She is very good at explaining everything and can be easily reached if I'm concerned with anything. It's clear that she knows what she's doing and always puts her patients first. The staff she works with is also amazing. I highly recommend her as a doctor!

September 20th, 2013
Really bad experience
Today our son was diagnosed with poly cystic kidney disease at ccmc. We knew we were ruling it out, and had seen other doctors there before. We were scheduled for an ultrasound and then an appointment immediately after to discuss the results. We had the ultrasound in the radiology dep....took about 15 minutes. We waited about an hour for the doctor to come in, whoops that's not a doctor, they sent a med student, even though I'm sobbing crying because my son has multiple cysts on his kidneys and I know what that means. I ask many questions when she finally comes in...most of which she is pissy, arrogent, and not attentive in answering. She didn't seem very knowledgeable either. The icing on the cake though is when she called me fat, saying that they wouldn't consider me as an organ donor for my son (15 years from now or so) because I am fat. I'm pregnant. I'm also pretty positive I can lose the baby weight in 15 years. Thanks for being really sensitive in discussing the news that my 3 year old son has a chronic and ultimately fatal disease. I hope that med student learned how not to talk to families today. We will not be going back to ccmc nephrology.

May 14th, 2015