Dr. Sheri Merchant Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sheri Merchant?

January 22nd, 2015

Do not see Dr. Merchant

I began seeing Dr. Merchant at 12 weeks of my pregnancy. At 22 weeks, I started gaining a lot of weight. She wanted to put me on a diet. I was a petite person to begin with. At 26 weeks, she diagnosed me with a mild case of preeclampsia. She admitted me in th me hospital and then let me out hours later. She didn't follow up on any treatment for my high blood pressure. She just told me to eat a low sodium diet and drink tons of water. A few days later, I was back in her office and then admitted for high bp and Protein in my urine. She was no where to be found. Instead her awful partner came to the hospital. I was in the process of being flown to Rockford Hospital via helicopter because I was 28 weeks and St. Alexius medical center was only a level 1 NICU. Her partner saw that I was Indian and started saying all this nonsense about how I was not in India and my baby would be fine. Meanwhile, this meant nothing to me because I was born and raised in the US. Once I delivered my baby, the OB called and yelled at Dr. Merchant. She called me while I was leaving the hospital and I told her to nicely get lost. Bottom line - don't put your life and your baby's life in the hands of this practice.

March 31st, 2014

Worst experience ever! The reason why our healthcare system is screwed up.

Run do not walk to another doctor! In fact - you will rarely even see Dr. Shari Merchant. If you pay your co-pay in the office - you will still get billed and spend hours on the phone with their accounting staff to straighten it out. They will hold you hostage by only giving you prescriptions for ONE MONTH only - and then make you come in EVERY MONTH for unnecessary tests etc. The doc is money hungry and quite honestly there is something fishy about this place.

March 24th, 2014

rude and unprofecional

Unprofessional Doctor. I was scheduled there only for a birth control annual visit and left that office with a scheduled ultrasound blood work and scheduled follow-up . At my ultrasound app I was perfectly fine but when my follow up visit came up I received a phone call stating I needed to reschedule because the Doctor was leaving early, then after I rescheduled at my visit I was seen by the PA and was told my ultrasound looked fine, when Dr.Merchant came in she said I had Cyst and need to follow-up with another ultrasound in 3 months. Now I am told I need ANOTHER ultrasound in 3 more months. I received a bill from them because they billed to much for my annual visit and follow-up.And her wait time is so LONG for her to come in and say Hi how are you see you back in 3months. Plus her staff changes every visit there someone new calls me or someone new is always there.The MA's don't know anything and are always new! And to wonder what happens behind the office. That office is not clean at all and all you see is only stuff there. I have heard from times that am there how unprofessional the Doctor is this is unbelievable and sad. I will definitely not come here again.

August 27th, 2013

uncaring doctor

I had some issues and called the office to have them page Dr. Merchant. The dr never answered her page so the nurse told me if it's serious then I should make the decision to go to ER since Merchant can't be found. What Dr doesn't answer their page? I found that very unprofessional and uncaring. Long story short...went to ER and they took CT scan and called Merchant and she never answered. Again...unprofessional. Anyway, went home and called the office for an appt asap to discuss ER results. Got an appt for 2 days later. Not only do I have to wait 2 days for this problem I have to wait an additional 3 hrs when I showed up to the appointed time only to have her not look at the scan or report from my ER visit. She wants me to get bloodwork and ultrasound done by her office which I don't see any point since I had same bloodwork done from ER and CT scan. This tells me all she wants is my money. Needless to say I quickly saw my error in choosing her as my ob and changed to another dr and am very happy with the change. I would give dr. Merchant a zero star but this site won't let me. Run....don't go to her unless you want an uncaring dr.

August 13th, 2012

i am recommending Dr. Merchant to all of my friends.She has assisted me with the birth of my first child and I currently see her for my second pregnancy. I value her care very much not only for her carring persona but also for her professionalism and experience. Her office staff has also been very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Good Doctor

The office staff are amazin people. Wish to spend more time with the doctor .

Great doctor.

Love this Office

Good: The staff is great! They treat you like a real person having real experiences and not like the next specimen. I have been so impressed with this office. This was my first pregnancy. The doctor and the physician assistant seem to sincerely love what they do. I would recommend them to anyone, especially mothers to be!

March 22nd, 2012

Out for the Money

I am new to Illinois and was looking for a new dr. I found DR. Merchant and scheduled my annual and a birth control consultation. I am a 24 year old, healthy women. No history of any medical issues, and I get my check-ups annually. I have also been on the same birth control for 2 years.Since my first visit; the doctor's assistant has had me in for different sets of tests and an ultrasound. She had convinced my I was at risk for cysts, even though I had no symptoms and my pap was normal. She also would only write my prescription for birth control for 3 months at a time, so that I was forced to come back in for more tests. My current doctor was appalled by this behavior. Overall, it was an absolutely horrible experience and I would not wish it on anyone. I really wish I would have read some of these reviews before I went in.

November 14th, 2011

Great Doctor

I visited Dr. Merchant several times and she's been great. Sometimes, I was seen by her assistant which was just fine as she was fully informed about my health issues. If I have any questions or concerns, Dr. Merchant or her assistant will always return my call. Dr. Merchant is very qualified to make good decisions about my health and I trust her knowledge. This is a good office to visit.

September 16th, 2011

Go there if you find no one

I was her patient for my first pregnancy and during that I have met her for just few times for few minute as I would be attended by physician assistants who kept changing constantly. She has no time for her patients and never gives you personal care. She follows very basic protocol but makes you many blood tests and repeats the same one often which means you end up paying a lot of money and the front desk makes sure you pay from your pocket even before your insurance has a look at that. She will never deal with any complication properly and just scare you constantly into getting a c-section which for her means spending less time and more money.She is a very calculating and clever physician. After luring me into a c-sec for a breech baby at 39 week,she never bothered to come and see me until the last day of my stay at hospital. you don't want to go to her if you want a true, caring, understanding person who wants the best for you. After going to her you feel rushed and treated badly. More than that the nurses she hires will poke your arm many times as most are clueless trainees who do nails part time. You deserve good care in pregnancy and this place is not it.

August 22nd, 2011

She was my OB/GYN during my pregnancy. RIght from the time I got pregnant, she never once saw me. It was always her PA who saw me. Whenever I asked, she said, if there are no complications the doctor wouldnt come in.THis was my first pregnancy, I would've expected doctor to show up atleast once.When I said, I need to see her, the doctor came to the room with the attitude, 'Now what do you want!'