Dr. Sheri Spirt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sheri Spirt?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

October 14th, 2016

Changed my life!

When I initially saw Dr. Spirt, I could barely get out of bed to face the world. She is a miracle worker. I'm a totally different person able to cope with every day life; I can’t believe I’m happy. I just wish I would have listened to my friends, with regard to seeing a psycho pharmacologist. She has transformed my life. Awesome and fantastic! And the BIG perk is that she has an adorable lovable dog that instantly brings you back to the realities of what is important in life.

January 12th, 2016

FANTASTIC WORK

I went into Dr. Spirt weary because most med combos I've tried haven't worked. As a patient with severe anxiety, depression and insomnia, I felt I needed lots of help and would need to go to several appointments to feel better. Within a WEEK of visiting Dr. Spirt, I feel normal again. I feel happy, at ease and am sleeping better. She did a fantastic job diagnosing my symptoms and finding a treatment that would work for me. I can't endorse her enough or thank her enough for helping me come out of an anxious/depressed fog I've been in for two years. For the first time since I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, I feel like an optimistic, functional human being again, and I really do credit that to Dr. Spirt

November 5th, 2015

Could not love her more!

Dr. Spirt changed my life. I had been struggling with an issue that I did not even know was a real thing until I saw her. My own therapist that I had been seeing for a year recommended her. A huge weight lifted off my shoulder just from our first appointment. She is a true doctor, not a counselor. She is not there to spend hours listening to people cry and complain. She is a doctor who has incredible experience and knowledge. She is a New Yorker and does not waste time, which I loved and so appreciated. I needed someone to come up with a plan and be straight forward with me. I have been seeing her for over a year now and have never once felt that she only cared about money. The people who are complaining about her on these sites are embarrassing. A good doctor/therapist is not a hand-holder. Who complains about having a dog in the office? That is a LUXURY! I got so much more out of our 20 minute sessions than I ever did out of hour long therapy sessions with someone else (even though I could talk to Dr. Spirt all day and tell her everything because I love her!). I recommend her to anyone who can't dig themselves out of an emotional issue or can't see clearly. If you are ready to seriously deal with your issues then this is the person for you. Seeing her was the BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

October 19th, 2015

A little bit intimidating. Not the warm smiley type but seems to understand medications.

August 20th, 2015

Wonderful doctor who treated me for PTSD. I am so thankful for her treatment and highly recommend her.

March 17th, 2015

Horrible

October 16th, 2014

Stay away

Stay away from this woman. All she cares about is money. I saw her for a number of years mostly because it was my first time in therapy and I was naive. I noticed she was a little all over the place, office was always a mess and hectic. Despite those things she led me to believe I could trust her with my health. Dr spirt completely abandoned me as a doctor at my most desperate time of need. I recieved news that my family member had cancer and I was distraught. When l ran to dr spirt for help her response was " life is for the living" and that my family members life span wouldn't be long. This visit with dr spirt was traumatizing. She is cold hearted and completely reckless in her profession. I left her office that day in hysterics. I called the office later that day due to a panic attack and spoke with her assistant. That was the last time I had any contact with dr spirts office. Dr spirt nor her assistant had the decency to check up on me the next day, after seeing her for years. Most disappointing and scarring experience I've ever had with a doctor. Unfortunately this is the brutal truth so just take my advice and stay far away.

July 11th, 2014

Concerned with Money NOT Care

Don't even bother the response time for an apportionment was much to easy and now I know why. It's certainly not easy to find a good caring available NYC female psychiatrist and that's what I hoped for, but instead I got a doctor who scares you into fees for everything her office does for you and God forbid your insurance delays a payment the office staff is instructed to charge your credit card without giving you the chance to resolve the issue directly with your insurance carrier (something that was resolved with one call within a few hours of notification from the office they didn't even give me a full day to respond before attempting to charge my card, lucky for me the office wrote a wrong digit down and the charge was invalid). Needless to say stay away her special initial report for $75 is nothing more than a standard dictated report that every doctor does on an initial visit she's just a theft it's that simple.

June 3rd, 2013

HORRIBLE.

She refuses to answer any questions or speak directly to patients. Often times she would answer my phone call and without hesistation ask me to call back when her assistant is back......WHY would I talk to your assistant about my medication? You're the doctor! She is so greedy and wants to nickle and dime you for everything. Doesn't explain anything, is so rude, unprofessional. I think this woman has serious problems. RUN!!

January 18th, 2013

She is greedy and not compassionate. I agree with the dog comments, it is strange. She is just cold.

February 24th, 2012

Smart, but NUTS!

Dr. Sheri Spirt is a very gifted psychopharmacologist. I was treated by many psychiatrsits over the years with varying results, but Dr. Spirt was the first one to get my medication right and, physically, I felt great while I was seeing her. That said, I had to stop seeing her because there is something very wrong with her. I don't necessarily need a psychiatrist who is warm and fuzzy - I have a therapist for that. But Dr. Spirt is rude, inconsiderate, insulting, and greedy. Another reviewer mentioned her 24 hr cancellation policy - well, they got lucky! While I was seeing Dr. Spirt she had a 48 hr cancellation policy, but only the days she worked counted! I once cancelled a Tuesday appointment the Friday before, and she tried to charge me because she doesn't work Fridays, the weekends, and Monday happened to be Memorial Day! So, she said it was the same as if I had cancelled the same day. I wouldn't (and still won't) pay it and I've had a collection agency after me about it for 2 years, which I'm sure costs her more than she would have gotten from me to begin with. Also, while I was seeing her she had this ugly, disgusting, skinny old dog (and I'm a dog person, but this dog was gross) hanging out in the office. He had piddle pads strategically placed around the office, but urinated on my leg on more than 1 occasion. He barked incessantly, but Dr. Spirt "allowed" me to give him a treat to shut him up once in a while. She made me wait on several occasions while she changed the dog's diaper (which he only wore sometimes). Not to mention the HORRIBLE way she treated her receptionists. I saw her once a month for just under a year, and in that time I never saw the same receptionist twice. I did, however, witness Dr. Spirt scream at all of them and saw 2 young women and 1 young man burst into tears due to Dr. Spirt's meanness. Finally, Dr. Spirt was rather mean to me (the one suffering from Depression)! I'm a bit overweight, but not obese, and, on one occasion, Dr. Spirt was taking my blood pressure with this huge heavy metal thing that looked like it was from 1930. She put the cuff, which was so old there wasn't any stickiness left to the velcro, around my arm, and when she couldn't get a reading because the cuff wasn't tight enough and the device was so old, she said it was because I was too fat and that I need to lose weight or no one would ever be able to take my BP and I would die. So, although Dr. Spirt is a very good diagnostician and psychopharmacologist, I do NOT recommend her. There are other good psychiatrists out there who aren't crazy.

February 24th, 2012

Pleased

I began seeing Dr. Spirt nearly three years ago after visiting a pair of useless doctors who did nothing to help improve my condition. She's sharp, attentive, and thorough. Importantly, she's helped set me back on a course so I can enjoy my life and be productive, and I feel like I'm in very good hands whenever there's a bump. When my insurance changes later this year I think she will be out of network but I intend to keep seeing her anyhow.