inactive

Sherif El Asyouty MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

January 23rd, 2015
Medically Reckless Anti-Psychotic Pusher His Way Only His Recovery Rd Program = Joke STAY AWAY

July 9th, 2013
He's always on the phone during your short visit, I find it very rude as unprofessional. Wait time is far too long for having an appt (20- 30 mins.) Laughed at me and asked "do you expect me to feel sorry for you?" In response of me telling him I've had extreme nausea and insomnia. He only sees dollar signs in your eyes! I too wouldn't refer my worst enemy to him. Huge ego! He'll try to persuade you to go to the Treatment Center he works for- Recovery Road..if you decline he seems to purposefully treats you badly. DO NOT GO TO DR. EL-ASYOUTY!!!

July 9th, 2013
Horrible Psychiatrist. Terrible experience
By far the worst doctor or psychiatrist I've ever encountered. I would show up on time and ended waiting at least 20 mins to see him, he takes other patients before you even if it's past your appt. time. Answers his calls and texts during the 15 min session(while you're charged for an hour of his time).I suffer with panic attacks and he tried to put me on an antipsychotic and wouldn't tell me the side effects for any of the medications he prescribed me.He made my physical and mental health worse

April 12th, 2013
WORST Dr. -DON'T GO HERE!!! AWFUL MAN, NO HELP, RUDE.
This man is a clown posing as a doctor who is supposed to help you. I have been to several DR's over the last 20years to monitor my condition and he is BY FAR THE WORST EVER!!! I needed a new Dr in Santa Barbara and he seemed like he might be fine with a central location- I would rather drive to China before seeing him again. RUNS LATE as many have stated, JUMPS to conclusions and is very condescending at times, his ego is out of control, and he DOES NOT make you feel very fine or helped. Thankfully, I know a bad doctor when I encounter one- just because you have a license doesn't mean you are a GOOD therapist. Confidentiality is NOT his strength as he revealed with no hesitation people in his building who were in therapy with him and what for. [BREACH!!!) He also is involved financially with programs on the side that he will recommend which he benefit$ from financially. Horrible. Do not go to this man if you are new to treatment and feeling vulnerable- it will be a mistake. He should move out of SantaBarbara and make room for a PROPER PSYCHIATRIST. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORIBLE! Don't waste your time, energy, money!!!! READ REVIEWS- PROTECT YOURSELF!!!

December 1st, 2012
Sometimes it seems I wait a long time. He seems pretty busy overall, but is pretty good. He does check his phone a lot, which is kind of annoying. He spends a lot more time with me that other psychiatrists I have had.

November 17th, 2012
Good doctor. I have been seeing him for a long time and he has been very helpful to me. He spends enough time with me and listens to my concerns. He is a doctor, so of course I go to him for medication.

August 22nd, 2012
dr. el-asyouty is a caring professional who doesn't just go through the motions with patients. he uses a direct, no frills approach with a good sense of humor and treats each patient with focus and dedication.

July 16th, 2012
Very, very good
I have been a patient here for a very long time. I appreciate the time that the dr. has spent with me. He is very patient and seems to be genuinely concerned about my mental health. He is very knowledgeable about current medications and is willing to work with me on finding good solutions.

May 22nd, 2012
Awful, Awful, Awful!!!
This is without a doubt a psychiatrist with the worst beside manner I have ever seen. He is uncaring and cold and only seeks to stroke his own ego. I would not refer my worst enemy to this doctor. (Has anyone verified his credentials??)

February 3rd, 2012
Horrible
This was the worst Dr. I've ever been to.

December 28th, 2011
terrible> Only out to make money. Has no care for patients AT ALL!

October 3rd, 2011
He was very knowledgeable & caring. I was upset with the diagnosis at first but he was wright & he was very kind listining to my fears & answering my questions and even had my husband in the room to explain and to assure both of us