Dr. Sherman Don MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Fountain Valley, CA

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2015
i felt weird but also trusted him at the same time. idk.

April 30th, 2014
never again
I was very unhappy with my appt., I left in tears. I felt that he was very rude. I have a deviated nasal septum so I can't breath with my left nostril (use nasal strips every night)he put his over my right one and asked me to breath (you could clearly hear that I couldn't) if I couldn't and had to use my mouth to breathe then I can't! ( a doctor told me i needed surgery when I was 14 i just never had insurance to treat it)he clearly said that I could breath with my left one and we argued about it. why would I waste my time,money and go( I was reffered ), that's the reason why I was there! he basically said i didn't have all my other symptoms +ear infections in my past and dismissed everything. he's like see u in 3 weeks (ugh no never!) and now I'm here wasting my time writing this review because I'm very upset. I don't even think he can see very well he's so old. everything is so outdated..i literally felt uneasy about that when I walked in. I wasted 2hrs and 15 dollars that I truly regret. Now I have to go see another ENT. this is my first review for anything in my life..mayb he's just nice to kids lol..I don't wish him anything bad..he just needs to mayb retire soon? or just become nicer and understanding?

June 20th, 2012
Tonsils removed
We had met dr. In hospital at g.g.. He was awesome with my daughter. He explained everything to us a my daughter felt comfortable with him. I her mother as I sit in the waiting room think he is very nice and experienced! Don't understand the other reviews, couldn't be the same dr. I just say!!!!!!!

May 12th, 2011
Worst Doctor Ever
I was sent to this guy after going to the ER twice for a severe ear infection. He was very rough while looking in my ears, which were clearly swollen and tender to the touch, and it hurt so bad I started crying. He yelled at me for crying because he didn't understand why I'm crying if he's trying to fix it. Then he told me there's something wrong with my face because my nose is red...maybe it's because I'm in excruciating pain and crying?!?!?! He finally told me he could do nothing and that I'll have to be checked into the hospital and he'll treat me there. I told him he's never touching me again and I stormed out. I had to go back to the ER and sure enough they were gentle and took great care of me. His office and everything about it is straight out of the 1960s...they don't use computers but rather typewriters. Also, his sign in sheet had 10 names on it from the past 6 days...not a good sign. NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!

January 7th, 2011
This Doctor called me crazy!!!
He looked down my throat with a flash light looked at my history from some files then diagnoised me as being some crazy person!! til this day I still have a sore throat can't swallow and use throat drops all day long What a quack for a doctor!!!!!!!

October 7th, 2010
Worst Doctor of All!
This Doctor wanted my SS# and he stabbed a tool into my ear! You Do Not have to leave your SS# at a Doctor's Office. Aside from getting a credit check and being hired for a job, there are a few other instances where you HAVE to provide your SS#. This Doctor took it upon himself to put a menacing finger up and tell me if my insurance does not pay I need to come back. I should have left right there and then. Provided he has had someone negate their financial obligation to pay him, an occurence with another person does not apply to anyone. I felt discriminated and offended that he would pressume such was applicable with me enough to treat me like some criminal.I could tell he was still upset with me (and I should have thanked him for his time and left then) but as I lay on the examination table I thought, just get it over with. He positioned my face and probed a tool into my ear, going in too much, effectively stabbing my ear! The pain brought tears to my eyes.What about my visit was plesant? The lady at the front office. She was gracious and polite, but even that would not get me back into this doctor's office.It does not matter how great Sherma Don's credentials are, if he treats people like dirt and then stabs your ear, he should not be in the medical (we expect you to care) industry!

June 1st, 2016