Dr. Shern Sirisuk DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

February 18th, 2016
Dr. Sirisuk has been the first physician I've seen in many years that actually listens to my comments and takes time to explain treatment options. He's office is easy to schedule, and the wait time is minimal.

February 26th, 2014
worst doctor ever, no stars, they made me put at least one
my daughter had an appointment with this doctor and i got texts from her for an hour straight. She hated him, he was rude, he did not do his job as one would expect a doctor to do. he had no bedside skills and no compassion. horrible horrible horrible do not go to him you will regret it. what is he dong even working as a doctor. he gets no stars from me but in order to submit you had to put stars. zero

September 5th, 2013
Avoid if you want to live!
I went to Dr. Sirisuk for three years because his office the Canyon Springs office was close to my home. Aside from a terrible bedside manner, I wonder about his medical skills. I don't recommend him to anyone. I never write complaint reviews like this, but this is one doctor that you do not want to see. I had a large unknown growth appear. Dr. Sirisuk stated that it probably was nothing to worry about, but that he would have my blood checked to see if my white cell was elevated. If so, he would perform more tests. The results came back, but I was called into the office to hear the results (always a scary thing). The appointment was made by Dr. Sirisuk's office. At the appointment, he could not figure out why I was there (he asked me what brought me in that day). He had to flip through the chart and essentially had to re-read my file in front of me (so he didn't review it before coming into the exam room to see me). I asked about the lab results and he seemed lost - as if he didn't understand what I was asking. He left the exam room to check on them and then he returned and told me that the lab results showed an elevated white cell count. I asked about doing further tests as he stated previously. He told me there was no need and sent me off on my way with no other explanation. I was given lab tests and told that he would call with results in two weeks. Of course, when you are expecting results, you are anxious to get them. After three weeks I called and was told that they couldn't give results over the phone (my wife has gotten test results over the phone many times from the same medical clinic for which he works). I had to make an appointment, but the first appointment was two weeks away. I went ahead and did a walk in and had to wait 2 hours. Dr, Sirisuk then told me all results were normal. What? Couldn't he or his staff say that over the phone? Took him about 30 seconds to tell me that. I was waiting for two hours for nothing. Also, I take high blood pressure medication. When I run low, I call my pharmacy and they call Dr. Sirisuk to obtain a refill order due to the fact that Dr. Sirisuk has never written a prescription that includes refills for my chronic high blood pressure medication. One time, Dr. Sirisuk denied my refill and I had to make an appointment (it took two weeks) to see him. The pharmacist told me he was only able to give me a one week supply of my medication. Two weeks later, Dr. Sirisuk wrote a new script for a 30 day supply, again with zero refills, and explained that he needed to see me annually in order to refill. I asked about the dangers of suddenly stopping high blood pressure medication and the dangers that I could face if I had run out of medications and his response was, "It does not matter. If you don't come in, I cannot approve a refill." I understand that Dr. Sirisuk has a responsibility to monitor his patients and I do not disagree, but wouldn't it be smarter if he would approve the pharmacist to dispense enough of the medication to get me to the appointment date rather than risk my running out of medication? This is high blood pressure medication, not pain killers! Quite frankly, it does matter. It is my health and my life. He may cause a stroke in some patient if this is his standard response. If I had not had a week supply left, I would have gone one week without medication. Untreated, my blood pressure is at dangerously high levels. I have since moved on to another doctor as I will refuse to see this one ever again.

June 28th, 2013
I am shocked at the negative three reviews! I have been under Dr. Sirisuk's care for over two years and have been extremely satisfied. He has been the first doctor I've had who actually took time to listen and give me recommendations on my care. He actually prescribed treatment for my asthma that my other three doctors were not able to remedy. I find it's easy to schedule appointments with his office and don't have to wait long in the waiting area to be seen. I'm staying with Dr. Sirisuk.

August 7th, 2012
I leave his office unhappy and, often, knowing that I was given an incorrect diagnosis.

December 27th, 2010
Worst dr I have EVER dealt with!!! Stay away by all means!
Please please please stay away from dr sirusuk! He is by far the worst dr EVER... I got diagnosed w/ leukemia under his care and he told me over the phone.. My white blood cells were at 300 (normal is 4-11) and he sent me home to wait for a bed to open for me I should have been hospitalized immediately. After being in remission for almost a year my knee started swelling out of no where and he refused to order a CT or MRI for me knowing my history. I took me almost a month to get it after two dr visits w/him an urgent care visit and an er visit. Gone to find out my cancer was back in my knee!!! I should have sued them!