Dr. Sherrie-Ann Straughn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sherrie-Ann Straughn?

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Sherrie-Ann Straughn?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 24th, 2015

Horrible service and rude staff. I will never come back!

April 30th, 2014

Most argumentative nurse ever

I have a rather complex skin condition and sought treatment from Dr. Straughn. Initially I was impressed with her thoroughness. However, her staff, and especially her nurse Jaquita are terrible to deal with. They argued with me about faxing in prescriptions, they argued with me every time I asked a question about one of the five different medicines they prescribed. They loaded me up with meds and referred me to another doctor at Emory when they could not figure out my condition. When I called the next about a side effect the response was "our meds should not cause that but if YOU feel like they're related then YOU should stop taking the one that is causing it." How in the heck am I qualified to determine which medications I should take or to evaluate whether or not a side effect is serious in comparison to my treatment? Her response to that was "you are seeing another doctor on Monday, ask them". Don't waste your time and money here if you have anything other than a simple rash.

March 13th, 2014

All about the money

I have had a similar experience as many others, I went to Dr Straughn after my dermatologist of over six years past away.The young lady at the front desk is rude and advised that I would be paying 160. up front, which after she was in touch with my insurance company was incorrect. I took her my medical records because my past treatment for psoriasis was working and I was hoping she would continue the treatment. She proceeded to give me prescriptions for topicals which I had already advised her would not work and advised me to come back in two weeks. I had the worst experience and treatment with Dr Straughn, I will never go back to her or recommend her to anybody! She gave the impression that she had no problem with continuing the treatment as I requested, but after 3 visits and wiping out my HRA account with my insurance I now am again looking for a new dermatologist and my psoriasis continues to worsen.

July 19th, 2013

Dr. Straughn's business has gone down & now she's money hungry

I was going to Dr. Straughn for years, as she helped get me through adult acne. Initially, her chair side manner was pleasant and very personal. But when she moved to the new location, something drastically changed... not only with her, but her staff. I began to notice that her attention with me became short and her demeanor didn't seem as polished as it once did before. My acne went into remission and I didn't need to see her as often, however I went back for her to remove a non cancerous mole. Her staff informed me that I needed to pay $300 (out of pocket) and upfront in order for her to remove a move the size of a pin head. I told them that I have insurance and my cost are covered under my plan. Her staff insisted that Dr. Straughn's fees were $300 and she needed to send the mole out for testing, I refused the treatment and used another doctor in town that removed the mole in less than 60 seconds and I was once again assured that it was non cancerous and my insurance covered everything. I used to refer loads of people to her office, but I will never again. Her business practices have gone down hill. Considerably!

April 24th, 2013

Good Doctor Horrible staff

I have used Doctor Sherrie since I moved to Atlanta in 1999, she was great back then. I visit her 3 years ago and he was still great but her staff was horribly rude and unprofessional and the kept me away. I recently gave her office another try and doctor Sherrie, and her assistant were professional and attentive although I felt rushed and unwelcome-maybe she had a bad night. The major issue was with the front reception staff. The small mouthy know it all girl not the quiet mature mind her own business checkout woman. This little outspoken ,rude, know it all girl went to battle with my insurance company on the phone because the informed her that my plan copay is less that what was on my Aetna card. She later went to battle with me about the same thing and gave me an ultimatum to not see the doctor or overpay. I overpaid knowing that she just cost the doctor many patients. After I left my appointment, I told this horrible story about the rude little know-it-all girl whom can use training in people skills and learn that life isn't black or white, they plenty of grey!!!! So far 11 of my friends and family will not visit see Doctor Sherrie again and if you are reading this, I would recommend you not waste your time to be bullied and overcharged at the Buckhead location.

August 22nd, 2012

All about the money

Total waste of time. I am glad that I did not get to see this doctor. The consultation fee was out of this world. The attendants were cold and did not care to listen to me. Kept talking about policy and looking at me like I was crazy. Another money stealing scheme!

August 11th, 2011

Don't Do it

I was pleasantly happy with location even though the parking space is limited. The greeting of staff was mediocre. I waited 45 minute for an appointment. I was not pleased that there is such a wait for a scheduled appointment. I would not go to this office and not visit this doctor again.

March 18th, 2008

BE ADVISED!

Much to my chagrin this was a definite waste of a day! I drove 2 hours and received the most unprofessional experience in all of my years of visiting any physicians office. Not to mention this would have been my first time ever seeking the assistance of a dermatologist. The admin is subpar at best in her knowledge of patient confidentiality, protocol, follow-up and friendliness. I waited 2 and 1/2 hours and was never seen by Dr. Straughn. Any doctor who surrounds themselves with unorganized and discombobulated staff is not the doctor for me.

May 8th, 2017