Dr. Geraldine Huey You MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 9th, 2016
Rude and irresponsible.
First of all, I wait in the waiting room, up to an hour at a time. She is rude, loud, and hardly focuses on the patients. Her whole staff leaves on vacations, doesn't tell anyone... I needed my bipolar medication refilled, and the on call doctors number they left, was the wrong number! It wasn't even a doctor! I was off my medication for 3 days! I can't just get off and be ok! She never called me back to make my previous appointment and denied my refill. I then had no way of contacting any of her staff! She was the worse, non-caring psychiatrist I have even met.

January 25th, 2015
Professional and Listens
Dr. Huey You is a true professional. She was very focused on my issues and showed concern. I would highly recommend her to anyone who has mental illness., of course people do not want admit they have a issue.

October 22nd, 2014
She's rude and mean
To make a long story short: 1) I've waited 4 hours in her office before (shortest I waited was 30 minutes, and that isn't the time I went in for an emergency). 2) She talks about you for maybe 1/8th of the time and the rest she compares you to herself and talks about her family. 3) She diagnosed me with ADD and made me get on a very high dosage of strattera that eventually gave me autonomic nervous system disorder. When I got off of the medicine I had a very hard time focusing on my work and in school, so I talked to some other doctors about a fast-acting ADD med like Adderall or Vyvanse. They all said that's the safest option for the disorder, but Dr. Huey only saw me asking for the medicine as me trying to get them to sell or abuse. She called me a drug addict multiple times and yelled at me about all sorts of things. Ultimately she did not trust me at all and made me feel like I should be locked up rather than a patient. She's rude, I would never recommend her to anyone.

December 29th, 2010
Misdiagnosed
I was diagnosed as bipolar and believed the diagnosis taking drugs that didn't work for several years. After getting a second opinion and not being diagnosed until about the third or fourth visit (instead of just the first) as she learned my background, I found out I have PTSD and anxiety problems, not bipolar. Dr. Huey is the nicest doctor, but never delved into my past to find out I had anger issues due to abuse and anxiety because of it. I hate to think what damage taking unneccessary medications for so long may have caused in the long run.