Dr. Sherry Melton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sherry Melton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 1st, 2014

Great trauma DR.

Dr. Melton was very forthcoming about my prognosis. she has a great bedside manner and really put me at ease about my stay in TBNU. she has a great team

December 26th, 2013

family member

She has a decent beside manner towards family members and patients. However, she is extremely degrading and demeaning to all staff, doctors and nurses. She talks to them like they are dogs. Patient's and family members hear this, even when she is unaware that they are listening. It is very discouraging and scary to families when we hear this. It makes us lose faith in UAB. (My mother was under her care after a serious car accident) On a positive note, the residents, nurses, and staff were amazing and we appreciate everything theey did. I have lost all respect for Sherry Melton And pray no one I love ever has to deal with her again. She is a disgrace and embarrassment to UAB.

June 20th, 2011

This woman is horrible and deserves to have her medical license stripped. She is rude not only to hospital staff but also to patients. My family wanted to ask questions, but I overheard her tell the bedside nurse that she didn't have time for my family's stupid questions.

July 30th, 2010

Dr. Melton is very very good in her line of work. However is bedside manner is horrible. She will not take time to answer questions, and is not worried about the family at all. When a question is brought to her attention she is defensive and agitated and becomes very aggressive. The day we had questions, she didn't even assess my family member, she came in, we instantly began arguing, and she left. Very unpleasant, and unsettleing for your family member. Communication between physician and family is a MUST with a truama patient....

February 26th, 2010

Showed no respect , was insulting to me and my husband. She haunts me to think someone else would be subjected to her care.

Dr Melton,whom I had never met, came into my room after auto accident ,1 day after surgery. I was in much pain. She insuled me by saying,"Mrs. Thompson, you are a middle aged woman with just a broken leg". She continued to tell my husband he was a crutch to me and I needed a psychiarist. She took my husband outside my room and blest him out. She sent 2 different psychiarist to my room ,who tried to force me to take anti-depressants. The 2nd one that came was also insulting to me. The reason I say these things is I don't want anyone else to be subjected to that type of treatment or care while in your hospital. It absolutely traumatized me and insulted my integrity. And by the way, my injuries were 3 broken ribs, damaged lung broken femur, completely in two, multiple bruising and my face was badly burned from the airbag. I was in a lot of pain and Dr. Melton gave me as little pain relief as possible. The pain was almost unbareable. Its almost 6 weeks since the surgery, and I am still in alot of pain.

November 4th, 2009

Excellent in every way. Could not be any better.

August 26th, 2017