Dr. Sherwyn Schwartz MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism San Antonio, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2015
A wonderful, caring doctor. Brilliant and concerned about patients health and welfare. Respected by peers.

September 19th, 2013
Too busy, nurse thinks she is a doctor and rude
I came to the lab and was told I had diabetes. I had lab work and x-rays done. Later I told them that I could get my x-rays somewhere else at discount, and the nurse told me what "why do you think he has a lab and x-ray facility for." As soon as I said to ask him when he arrived back to work the following morning. I got a call saying that he needs me to use his x-ray lab. Go figure. Incidentally, I went to another doctor where he did my blood test and low and behold, I do not have diabetes. Get a second opinion before you decide to use this facility. One thing that was positive are the girls who explain the diets to you and the people downstairs. They are all nice. After the first visit from the doctor, do not get to spend time discussing with the doctor. The nurse comes in when you have an appointment. I do not want to see a nurse, for I am a nurse myself. If I pay insurance, I want to see the doctor and to tell me why I cannot save money on x-rays and go to my employer and have it done there. By the way, I have waited over an hour, for they forgot I had an appointment even though I signed it.

May 17th, 2013
Although Dr. Schwartz is a very charismatic and has extensive knowledge on his doctoral practice, I felt that this office is too big for me since the waiting time is more than normal at times and the appointment time is never really honored. It's more like a first come first serve basis rather than adhering to the given appointment one has. Next, when I actually see the doctor, his visits are very sudden, in haste, since I'm assuming, he has other patients to see. I feel like I'm in a hurry because that's how fast it is. Following up after visits, I got a call about seven to eight months later, and although it is my business to follow up as well, as their patient, it is their business too.

February 19th, 2013
Excellent physician, but clinic too big.
Dr. Schwartz is an excellent physician. I was referred to him for diabetes. Dr. Schwartz was very thorough, good bed-side manner and explained everything to me. The clinic is too big to give any kind of personal attention. I felt like I was at a Walmart check in/check out and does not give any patient-care attitude. There were 3 mistakes made on my first visit: Height measurement was wrong - said I was 5'3" when I am 5'7", forgot to do the urine test, had to go back for that, and at check out, receptionist mistakenly overcharged me. I really like Dr. Schwartz, but the clinic is just too big for me and too easy for them to make errors.

October 9th, 2012
He is Fired and mean
Since I cannot curse...the wait was horrible and the doc is rude with NO listening skills whatsoever. He is an oldtimerwith poor knowledge of current treatment standards. I gave him 3 chances and each visit got worse. San antonio has too many good docs- really bad experience.

August 22nd, 2012
Long time patient
I have been a patient with Dr Schwartz for many, many years. If you need to know about diabetes, he's the one to ask. Over the years, he has become less accessable because the size of the practice has grown by leaps and bounds. There are too many people answering the phone who are willing to say no without even checking with the Dr. He, himself, is a great Dr. The protocol for workers underneath him is too stringent, or they choose to make it thay way. It is very hard to get a message or question answered by him because of this. I would highly recommend Dr. Schwartz. Just make sure you have all of you needs met at the appt. because its a runaround after that point.

July 27th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Schwartz for 8 yrs. Dr. Schwarz is an excellent doctorin treating diabetics. I have referredseveral people to this facility and all have been very happy with him His staff is excellent and always willing to assist.I highly recommend Doctor Schwarz.

July 3rd, 2012
Arrogant Jerks!
1st. Office Manager (woman) is very rude and unprofessional. 2nd. This place made me feel like they didn't care about me or my health... just wanted my insurance money! 3rd. Dr. would never look at me just kept looking at his watch as if he had better things to do. I would never refer anyone here to this place. Looks very nice on the outside but its not what their reputation says it is.

April 11th, 2012
patient and healthcare provider
I have been associated with Dr. Schwartz as a patient and I have referred patients to him over the past twenty years. He is an excellent physician and patients come back to me saying he saved their lives.

February 24th, 2012
Well oiled machine.

January 23rd, 2012
Joseph R.Brooks
Dr. Schwartz fully understands the issues and problems of diabetics.I fully trust Dr. Schwartz

October 3rd, 2011
Very Abrupt
Did not like the whole experience... felt like just a number... sent from pillar to post.. then to labs... left feeling like I was in a whirlwind.