A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shibu Oommen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shibu Oommen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Oommen
Diabetes Patient Education Learn about types of diabetes and diabetic patient symptoms, causes and treatments with out patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Oommen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shibu Oommen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Oommen graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Oommen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor All Saints Medical Centers
- Baylor Medical Center At Garland
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shibu Geevarghese Oommen MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Shibu G. Oommen practice?
- Dr. Shibu Oommen has 2 office locations.
Dr. Shibu Oommen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Garland, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Plano, TX.
See Garland Internists and Garland Gastroenterologists.