Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Shikha Bharaktiya?

Best Endocrinologist!

Posted on August 5th, 2017

Dr. Bharakthiya has been my doctor since 2012. She is the best endocrinologist I have met so far. She is very knowledgeable in her field. She not only listens to my health concerns but also spends time patiently explaining my condition, medications and treatment plan. I came to the US to do graduate school however; I am originally from Bangalore, India. Dr. Bharakthiya who understands my culture and food habits was able to recommend some changes to my existing vegetarian diet and lifestyle to significantly improve my health and lose weight. Dr. Bharakthiya is very insightful and her recommendations with lifestyle and her treatment plan for me have kept my hypothyroidism and diabetes in check. I am very grateful for her early diagnosis of my papillary thyroid cancer. She even came personally to check on me at the hospital when I had my thyroidectomy to make sure I was doing ok. I travel 96 miles to see Dr. Bharakthiya and have never had any problems scheduling to see her. She works with a great team who is not only courteous but is also very efficient. They have always returned my phone calls in a timely manner when I have left a message. I have never had issues getting my prescriptions refilled. All in all she is a great doctor, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an endocrinologist. Dr. Bharakthiya has been my doctor since 2012. She is the best endocrinologist I have met so far. She is very knowledgeable in her field. She not only listens to my health concerns but also spends time patiently explaining my condition, medications and treatment plan. I came to the US to do graduate school however; I am originally from Bangalore, India. Dr. Bharakthiya who understands my culture and food habits was able to recommend some changes to my existing vegetarian diet and lifestyle to significantly improve my health and lose weight. Dr. Bharakthiya is very insightful and her recommendations with lifestyle and her treatment plan for me have kept my hypothyroidism and diabetes in check. I am very grateful for her early diagnosis of my papillary thyroid cancer. She even came personally to check on me at the hospital when I had my thyroidectomy to make sure I was doing ok. I travel 96 miles to see Dr. Bharakthiya and have never had any problems scheduling to see her. She works with a great team who is not only courteous but is also very efficient. They have always returned my phone calls in a timely manner when I have left a message. I have never had issues getting my prescriptions refilled. All in all she is a great doctor, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an endocrinologist.

Posted on August 1st, 2017

The DR. Was VERY RUDE !AND the STAFF VERY RUDE!......??!! They never called for a appt-reminder !... the DR." Says to me I don't need a Diebetic DR !..((. and Iam a dietetic !! For 15 😩😲 yrs"!..... you have to wait in a siting room for 😢 -40-min-! (... theory is don't go there ! ) .. they're terrible !!😞👎🏻👎🏻 All are very Rude ! RUDE!!.. I'll never go there AGAIN!!!!!!!👎🏻😞

Posted on May 30th, 2017

Very unprofessional office staff. They gave me an appointment which was some kind of holiday when I went they were closed. They even sent me a reminder for my appointment . It happened a few times. They never returned my call about my test results. Dr B is a good doctor but she needs to check on her office staff.

Amazing Endo

Posted on February 17th, 2016

Some doctors are good, and then some are just excellent. Dr. Bharaktiya has proven that she is way more than excellent. She has invested so much time in my case over the year and a half I have been seeing her. Her intelligent thinking and precise directions have FINALLY gotten my A1C in an acceptable zone. Her patience and perseverance are commendable. I would highly recommend this doctor.

best endo I've ever seen

Posted on October 30th, 2014

I have been to a dozen endocrinologists in 4 different cities over the past 22 years. I am type 1 and this is the best doctor I have ever seen. She is smart, thoughtful and very focused on helping solve problems. She is up to date on the latest technologies and practices. Very smart but also very practical, and she listens. She is entirely fluent and has a great manner. I am calling all my diabetic friends. After years of frustrating experiences with doctors who are either good but too busy to help or doctors who are disorganized or out of date, it is so nice to find someone who is top notch.

Very rude and distracted Dr and very poor office professionalism!!!

Posted on September 23rd, 2014

The office staff forgot to provide information regarding my prescription to Dr. B for several days and when I finally went in because I could not wait any longer and needed to speak to Dr B in person to pick up the prescription, they then told me that I needed to get my labs done that had been requested but Dr B never said I must do that for her to write the prescription she said I just needed to provide her the information on the exact prescription that I was already taking, provided by my family doc. Either way the request to get the labs complete was not unreasonable but ridiculous that not one of their staff could have told me that over the phone when I kept calling in to see if the prescription had been called into my pharmacy. To make matters even worse Dr B then yelled at me saying she had told me I had to get my labs done before she would provide me with a prescription. Well she didn't and I suspect she just forgot and really that's not the issue it's simply that while I kept calling no one there cared enough to tell me that I must get the labs done first and then to make matters worse the Dr in her frustration with her day, her staff, pesky patients, who knows, decided it would be ok to yell at her patients. I wondered why I was able to get in to see her so quickly when I called, its usually a considerable wait to get in to see a specialist. Well now I know. Very unprofessional staff, very rude Dr. Going to see a more professional Dr. next time. Don't waste your time here no matter how quickly they can get you in.

Great Endocrinologist

Posted on April 12th, 2012

Dr. Bharaktiya is a dedicated professional who is very personable with her patients. She allows as much time need to address any questions or concerns. She is very knowledgeble about her discipline and provides practical and evidence-based medical interventions to promote positive patient care outcomes. I am very happy to have her as my physician, and I would recommend her to other patients who are seeking a good Endocrinologist.

excellent physician

Posted on January 13th, 2011

I am glad I went to see Dr.B. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 10 years ago and have never felt as good as I do now. The staff was very prompt and courteous.

Posted on September 27th, 2010

The office staff is unbearable to deal with. They make it obvious that they hate their job. When trying to contact the doctor, they never answer the phone. It takes a couple of days before you can get through. It's unfortunate that such a great doctor has such terrible staff.

Posted on April 17th, 2010

The office staff is excellent but nothing in comparison to Dr. B. She spent almost 2.5 hours with me cause I had so many questions and not once did I feel that she didn't want to be there. She also does illustrations to explain it better to you which is a plus. She calls you back and is thorough on lab tests and anything else that you need. SInce being diagnosed with hypothyroidism I have seen 2 other endocrinologists and I was starting to give up on finding a good fit and then I heard about Dr. B. As long as I live in Houston she is the only one I ever want to go to. 10 star doctor!

Posted on June 11th, 2009

I can only say that I am extremely fortunate to have come in contact with this fantastic physician. She was able to diagnose my problem in a matter of minutes, which three other physicians could not figure. Her exuberant enthusiasm is infectious. I would not think of going to any other physician. please correct the address. She practices close to South west Memorial Hospital at 59 and Beechnut.

Posted on November 14th, 2016