Dr. Shilen Lakhani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 15th, 2015
Good doctor. Terrible service.
Terrible service

March 4th, 2015
I had surgery with Dr.Lakani and had a very thorough procedure with no complications. My appointment in his office was cordial and also very pleasant. Dr. Lakani has patience and understanding of the patient's needs.

March 3rd, 2014
Wonderfull Doctor
I really can't express in words how lucky I am to have found Dr. Lakhani. He has been my doctor for over 2 years and I trust him with my Life . He was my 3rd Gastroenterologist and I only wish I had found him sooner. He is caring, compassionate and all of the things a good doctor should be. He is now the doctor of 2 of my family members and a few of my friends and colleagues who need a Gastroenterologist. I would ignore the negative reviews.

October 31st, 2013
So glad my schedule stopped me from listening to the reviews...
As a professional someone in my 30's who has had chronic IBS for many, many years, I have been through my fair share of GI's. Recently, I moved to the Northern VA area and since most of my work takes me near Reston, I decided to find a specialist in that area. After doing some research, I settled on the GI Group. When I called to get an appointment that would fit my schedule, I was told that the earliest available appointment would be with Dr. Lakhani. At first I was apprehensive based on some of the reviews which insinuated that he was not personable and that he really didnt care about his patients. As a result, I asked if there was anyway I could get in with another physician. I was told that I could switch but it would be an extra couple of weeks which I did not have. So hesitantly, I went to my first appointment not expecting much. All I can say is that by the time I left his office, I was extremely thankful that my "bad luck" caused me to end up with Dr. Lakhani! While he isn't the warmest or fuzziest doctor in the world, he still has a good bedside manner and he is extremely intelligent, honest, and very knowledgeable. And more important to me was the amount of time he spent answering each and every one of my questions. He took his time as we spoke about my past treatment, my current medications, my endoscopies and biopsies, and every other thing I could think of. He spent 30 minutes talking with me and I never once felt rushed. In my 15+ years of being treated by GI's I can honestly say I never felt more at ease and less like just a $ sign as I did with Dr. Lakhani. It actually seemed he cared. Moving forward, I can say that I am extremely happy with doctor and I would recommend him to all my friends and family alike.

October 29th, 2013
Great Experience
I recently saw Dr Lakhani. He is also my wife's doctor so he comes highly recommended. He is very knowlegable, attentive and has great bedside manners. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

February 11th, 2013
Too long to get results
Doctor and staff were OK.. But it took 28 days to get biopsie results and the "C" word was said. Waiting 28 days to see if you have cancer is not acceptable!

November 8th, 2012
Terrible Office Staff
Unless you have unlimited time and patience, do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

June 25th, 2012
Great Experience
Dr. Lakhani and his office staff were great. He took the time to explain each test which was ordered and the results of the tests after the procedure. I will definitely return and plan to send my friends and family.

March 6th, 2012
Attentive and personable
I have several stomach issues. I had seen Dr. Wolke in the past and couldnt get an appointment with her so I was directed to Dr. L. I was hesitant to see an unknown doctor but needed the medical attention. Dr. L checked me out and scheduled me for a needed Upper Endoscopy and a lower scope. I have severe acid reflux and excruciating esophageal spasms. Dr. L found a microscopic lump in my stomach and had it sent to the lab. When the results came in he personally called me in the morning and was very patient until I had the time to listen and speak with him. He gave me his cell # to contact him. He was very descriptive and sincere in his explanation and advice for the needed attention to what was a cancerous cell. At my next scope he took the necessary steps for treatment. I have been very happy with him. He is not a warm fuzzy person however he is a good listener and very attentive. Throughout all of my procedures with him he has been very attentive and personable. I am also very happy with his office personnel.

November 8th, 2010
Bad Bedside Manner/No Follow up
Very disappointed. He didn't seem to give me much attention or listen to my concern. At endoscopy he was very brief, there was a misunderstanding between him and the nurses in the surgical room, he spent less than 2 mins explaining what he saw. However, the worst part is, it has been a month and the results still have not been reported and I have received no call after calling 2x. The nurse stated he has not looked at my file yet. He obvious doesn't have any concern regarding my health.

November 3rd, 2009
Wonderful experience
Dr. Lakhani made me feel comfortable during the visit. He was not rushed and spent adequate time answering my questions. The procedure also went smoothly with no pain. I have already recommended him to others.