Overall Review

3.9

March 17th, 2015
Dr Yu is the best doctor I've had in years
Spends in inordinate amount of time with each patient as each doctor should. It is basically proven that the more time a doctor spends with a patient and the more they get to know them, that the easier it is to diagnose and treat illnesses because a rapport has been build. Dr Yu has amazing bedside manner and spends as much time with you as you need. If you just need to run in for a script, she can accommodate. If you need blood work done or have a bunch of questions regarding you feeling sick, or thinking you possibly fractured something perhaps, she will stick it out with you through the end, and if she cant get the answer that day she will as soon as possible. Compare her to all the other "doctors" you see around now, such as WestMed, where they have an ADMITTED POLICY OF ONLY SEEING PATIENTS FOR 10 MINUTES AS WELL AS A POLICY NOT TO ADDRESS ANYTHING YOU DID NOT LIST IN YOUR CALL TO SET AN APPOINTMENT (example: i once went in because i thought i fractured my wrist. The doctor took a look at it for MAYBE 2 seconds, said "I'm not sure" and left it at that. On top of that, I had recently discovered quite a few ticks on my body (my cat brings them in to me what a guy) and asked if she could do a quick blood work to test for lyme since I had that many tick bites. She flat out told me no that you are only allowed to discuss and address the concerns that you made the appointment for, even if more come up in between, and that the 10 minutes you have are 10 minutes and not a second more.) Plus, if you want a longer appointment you have to schedule it in a special way in advance. Dr Yu as I said is COMPLETE OPPOSITE. Every single time I go to her office it just feels right. As soon as I walk in we both ask how the other is doing and she gets right down to brass tax while simultaneously being very courteous as well as listening. I told her I had some issues the other week, no biggie. She took care of em during the same day I had an appointment for my asthma medicines. Aside from that, she is supposed to be going WELL ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR ME RIGHT NOW! I recently lost my medications on Vacation, and it was nearly the whole months supply. It is a controlled substance, so generally speaking they can only give it to you exactly the date that the medication is supposed to run out. BUT GUESS WHAT DR YUs OFFICE HAS HELPED ME DO?! Gone ABOVE AND BEYOND! I called them, told them the situation, and they told me exactly what I need to do to remedy the situation. It is still not a 100% because of the medicine itself, it does sound like that if the doctor and pharmacy and health care sign off on it (i don't see why not, I pay less than 7$ for the generics), then my worries of not having my medicine for a month are almost totally alleviated. Without it I worry that I could have a panic attack or seizure while driving, while walking on the bad roads, while climbing a ladder at work. SO! Here is to Dr Y! If you are in search of an INCREDIBLE DOCTOR with greatv bedside manner, who routinely follow ups, is courteousness, has a GREAT secretary working for her, and all in a nice cozy atmosphere that makes it feel much more relaxing than a regular doctors office than please check her out! The ONE COMPLAINT, and its not a complaint as much as a statement because there are wait times at all doctors. While I put down the wait time as 10 minutes, I also gave her a 3 on promptness. This is because, often times she treats many older patients who have to spend lots of extra time with her. I fault neither of them because THAT IS THE SIGN OF A GOOD DOCTOR: ONE WHO TAKES THE TIME WITH EACH INDIVIDUAL PATIENT TO TAKE CARE OF THEM, but I just wanted to note that sometimes the wait can be longer than 10 minutes. When the office is on point and everyones in and out? sometimes the wait is even 5 minutes. But if there are a few older folks ahead of you who are there for some pretty serious issues (let alone arthritis) just be forewarned. I once had to wait about 45 minutes and almost missed my bus. The patient in front of me I could tell DESPERATELY NEEDED the appointment, so I'm not mad about it, it just happens. And for that to be more of the anomaly than the regular, I wish I could crank promptness to 5 an wait to 5 minutes. However, if youre referring to PROMPTNESS REFERRING TO HAING YOUR RECORDS READY AND EVERYTHING SET TO GO WHEN YOU ARRIVE, SHE GETS A 5/5 FOR THAT TYPE OF PROMPTNESS. To be fair that statement of "Promptness" wasn't very fair, and could mean several different things. One thing however is true: Dr Yu is AWESOME!!!

September 18th, 2013
They mislead me and waste my time I will never use or recommend them. I book dr shin on line as dermatologist, i gave them all my information and the reason for my visit, i spoke with someone in her office and discuss everything .I took off work to see dr shin. 10 minute before my appointment someone from her office called me to let me know that dr shin is only primary dr. they are far away from been professional , no courtesy for people!!!!!!

March 4th, 2012
Tom and Rita DeGrazia
Dr. Shin Yu is a doctor who cares about her patients. She is complete in her diagnosis and treatment.She spends time with you to discuss your needs and treatment.She is spot on with your needed medications.When she gets results from any test given she will take the time at night to call you and discuss them with you.Dr Yu is a wonderful compassionate person there is no finer Doctor we think the world of her.

October 15th, 2011
Dr Yu is the most caring person my Brother and I have ever met. She is not only your doctor but treats you like a freind. All doctors should be like her.She takes her time never rushes you and is always right in finding out what is wrong. God bless her.

August 6th, 2011
fantastic doctor
Dr Yu is a fantastic doctor, she never rushes you always very caring, you can ask question after question and she never cuts you short. there should be more doctors like her. my Borther and I think the world of her

July 22nd, 2010
dr yu is a wonderful doctor, she never ever rushes you, I always feel very relaxed with her. She knows her business

April 26th, 2009
Worst Doctor
My 86 year old grandma is suffering from Alzheimer's as determined by us and spending over a week at St. Luke's Hospital. We received medication for her for this condition which Dr. Yu does not refill. Dr. Yu will not give our grandma the medicine she needs to keep her hallucinations away and when she suffers everyone in my house suffers including my wife who already has to take care of an infant, and the live-in aid who also realizes that she's suffering from this disease!