Dr. Shiraz Patel MD Patient Reviews

June 19th, 2015
Has been one of the most caring Dr's I have ever visited.

February 20th, 2014
Hip Pinned
I was very fortunate after having an accident to have Dr Shiraz k. Patel MD as my surgeon. He is very thorough in his explanation of what to expect before and after surgery. If I had to have additional surgery, I would Dr. Patel to be my surgeon.

May 30th, 2012
Mrs. H. Rimarcik
NO ONE can be as dependable, honest and EXCELLENT with their patients. Dr. Patel is a rareity from most, He talks WITH you, includes you in every respect of any situation. TOTALLY trustworthy. One in a million - or more!

April 5th, 2012
amazing doctor
i had several knee surgeries and the very last one i had was a complicated one and no one else would atempt it but dr.patel did.i was in a wheelchair for 2 years before that and i was walking the same day he did the surgery.he gave me my freedom back!!

August 14th, 2011
Excellent doctor, excellent results
Dr. Patel is an excellent surgeon! He is very intelligent and on-point with his diagnosing. It's obvious, that he enjoys what he is doing each day. What a great asset to Paducah, KY!

April 1st, 2011
Primo !!!!! THE BEST !!!!
I Had bilateral knee replacements not done by D Patel. I waited too long and had worn grooves in the bottom bones. It took longer to do 1 knee than it usually does to replace 2. My patella tendon was stapled down. It came loose and the tendon got infected. Two surgeries later the Dr suggested I see Dr Patel "I don't know why it won't heal, but if anybody can figure it out Dr Patel will" and he did!!! Working in conjunction with Dr Logsdon at the wound center thru surgery, wound pump, and skin graph they saved my leg!! It was a 95 mile ride that was definitely worth it. I will take the same ride when ever I need an orthopedic. Not only is Dr Patel awesome but so aren't the other Dr's in his office as well as the rest of the staff.

November 22nd, 2010
Ten weeks....back in action!
My wife and I are very impressed with Dr. Patel. Our son broke his Humorus bone while catching for the local Jr. High School. The injury was rather severe, a spiral fracture of the mid shaft. During our office visit with Dr. Patel the next day, he reviewed the x-rays and proceeded to tell us what the text-book treatment for this type of break is. A hanging cast that eventually pulls the bone back into place. He also gave us a couple of other options of alternative treatments. He stated at the time that he wanted to consult with four other Doctors around the Country that he respected in this field. Three of the Doctors told him to put it in a hanging cast, the fourth told him to go ahead and fix it through surgery. Dr. Patel called us at home three hours after our office visit and told us what treatment he would suggest. He suggested surgically setting the bone and attaching a plate to stabalize the arm. Dr. Patel performed the surgery the next afternoon. The bone in my sons arm is perfectly straight, which it would not have been in a hanging cast in all likelyhood, and just ten weeks after the surgery he is playing basketball for the Jr. High. We are not only impressed with the quality of the surgery and his interaction with us and our son, but also that he took to the time to consult with other experts in the field.

June 25th, 2010
Knee Replacement
Dr. Patel did a full knee replacement for my mother. I was so impressed with him. Never have a met a dr. that gives you the time to talk and answer your questions like he does. Her surgical experience was a positive experience. She will be getting her second knee done soon! I never though she would have agreed to that. I highly recommend Dr. Patel.

June 8th, 2010
Best Orthopedist in town!!!!
Dr. Patel will call you at home and talk to you personally about your problems. He is very understanding and compassionate. He is very smart and is up to date on all the new procedures. He is NOT knife happy, and is willing to try other modalities before taking you to surgery. LOVE HIM!!!!!

May 21st, 2010
Love him and want him back! Please come back to Minnesota!

March 22nd, 2009
complicated surgery results
I had a total knee replacement in the early 90's and found I needed another replacement in 2003. I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Patel and he performed the surgery which included taking out the old knee. Unfortunately I ruptured my patela tendon during PT and subsequently got a staph infection which resulted in 2 more surgeries and time in the hospital and 7 weeks in a nursing home. Dr. Patel was incredible. He visited me daily in the hospital; even coming in in the evening to check on me. He contacted a specialist at the U of MN for the correct anti-biotic to give me and also made sure my insurance co. understood the reason for this particular medication. I was on this anti-biotic for a year and he followed along with me every step of the way!! He is the kindest Dr. I've ever met (besides that he's adorable) He genuinely cared about me and my husband and my recovery. I love this man and miss him since he moved to KY. If you ever need to see and orthopaedic surgeon, call Dr. Patel. I quarantee you won't be sorry. He also replaced my other knee in 2005 and that was also a great expereince!

February 12th, 2009
He is truly caring and concerned with all of his patients. Dr. Patel performed 9 surgeries for me, care was excellent in both hospitals he was affiliated with at the time, excellent !