Dr. Shirin Towfigh, MD
Surgeon, Hernia & Laparoscopic Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 10th, 2014

Dr Towfigh literally saved my life after 2 years of dealing with small time doctors. She spotted my blockage immediately and I am now almost 100% better. She is my angle doctor!

|  My angel doctor!  |  show details
by Kirschhoffer Lisa on Sep 4th, 2013

Dr Towfigh has been an outstanding doctor . After being very ill for 2 years and not getting any results here in the town I live in I made the trip down to Beverly Hills to see her. I ended up having a very long surgery at Cedar Sinai Hospital and she saved my life. I would not have made it another 6 months the way I was. I will have a long recovery ahead of me but I already feel better than I have in over 2 years! She is wonderful at explaining details of everything she had to do to me. Her staff is amazing at setting up times, directions, as we come from out of town to see her. I have never been more happy with a doctor as I am with her. Thank-God I found her when I did!

|  Excellent Surgeon & Kind & Caring  |  show details
by Sharon M. on Jul 9th, 2013

I originally had an emergency surgery to repair an incarcerated umbilical hernia. The first doctor put in a mesh which caused me constant pain, even more so because i have fibromyalgia. I was referred to Dr. Towfigh and I have never been more impressed with a doctor in my life. She is a specialist in her field. Her knowledge is amazing, she is kind, gentle, thoughtful and gives you all the time you need. She is the only one who told me she could take out the mesh and repair the hernia properly. I am doing great now! She is both an amazing doctor and an amazing human being. Brava! *****

|  Don't believe the NY Times infomercial she's no women's specialist  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

went to Dr. Towfigh because of NY Times article which was probably a PR piece. I showed her photos from a recent laproscopic look around that showed uterine to bowel adhesions. She then gave me the run around for a month and a half with pelvic floor studies and then tried to send me to a urologist saying that's what happens when we have babies. I haven't had any babies. I went to two pelvic floor specialists and guess what? No pelvic floor problems just the adhesions in the photos. They are recommending I see a general surgeon which is what I thought Dr. Towfigh is supposed to be.

May 21st, 2012

I found Dr.Towfigh to be warm and caring both during my initial exam and my procedure. I travelled across the country just to see her and it was well worth it!I have had 3 previous, unrelated surgeries, and never have had a surgeon to take the time and show the warmth and understanding that I received from Dr. Towfigh. She is a wonderful surgeon!She located and repaired my hernia and gave me my life back.

May 11th, 2012

I came from KY just to be seen by Dr.Towfigh. It was well worth my travel. I found her to be very compassionate and knowledgable. She diagnoised my hernia and later repaired it.I found her to be very comforting and reassuring on the day of my surgery. Thank you Dr. Towfigh for pursuing the impossible and helping women everywhere. You rock!!

|  Rating.....  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

The August 2011 rater was head on. I wish this doctor was in Houston. Been to 3 surgeons here and they look at me like I was from Marrs. Male doctors of course. But, I had the chance to chat with this doctor and she is so with it and a great diagnostician. My MRI and Ultrasound do show small hernias but the male surgeons here in Houston closed the door on me and told me that small hernia's do not cause problems and come back when they strangulate and will meet me in ER. Shame on these surgeons. BIG EGO! And they list Hernia's as one of their specialties. I am in almost constant pain and have abdominal swelling. I could go to L.A. and see Dr. Towfigh but there is no one here in Houston she could refer me to like she did the poster above in Chicago. I am sooo jealous she is there and I am in Houston. She is fantastic and this was told to me by other patients of hers that do live in California....May God Bless Her....Dr. Towfigh needs to be cloned. (-:

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

I have had severe stomache pain for at least 7 years. I have had three major abdomanal surgeries for cancer and related scar tissue removal and multiple CT Scans, MRI's, colonoscopies, endoscopies and NO DOCTOR in my home state of ILLINOIS could find my hernia.I called for an appointment with Dr. Towfigh knowing I would be on Vacation in the Los Angeles area the last week of July and Bam, my first day there they got me in. I spent a while waiting as the doctor was called into a board of directors meeting, but I did NOT mind one bit. She explained that she wanted to be able to give me enough time; I respect that. One look at my pertuding belly and she said it was a hernia. We then, together, viewed my most recent CT Scan from April of this year and after a few views, she found that I had a small hernia that was causing the god awful pain I would suffer for days on end after any exssertion of my stomach. She then referred me to a doctor back in Chicago and emailed me her findings. She is amazing. My only regret? That I dont live in L. A. so she could fully treat me herself. We need more doctors like her, doctors that actually care enough to take the time and not brush you off. My last doctor who did my colon/endoscopies told me to simply follow up the NEXT TIME I WAS IN PAIN. What doctor says that. Dr. Towfigh was worth the entire trip to California.