Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Aug 28th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Amin for many years.. he is very knowledgeable! He has been so amazing! I would recommend him to anyone!!!!

|  save yourself!!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

Terrible all i can say..out for the money,not out for quality care..unnescessary tests..Please seek a second opinion first before trusting

|  Patient  |  show details
by Clara on Jul 14th, 2013

He is rude and treats his staff something awful, and doesn't want to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy on the same day, because he will lose money. He said Americans are stupid. That is what I was told from his nurses.

|  Excellent and Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Charles Lentz on Jun 22nd, 2013

I had been seeing Dr. Shirish Amin for approximately five years before moving out of the area, and I must say that he was an extremely caring doctor with a wonderful staff! He performed numerous endoscopies and colonoscopies - often doing both at the same time - and diagnosed me with Barrett's Esophagitis and colon polyps. He took a great deal of time explaining the conditions and prescribed medications (often having to override my insurance company's drug formulary) that eventually healed the Barrett's Esophagitis. He also removed the colon polyps. Follow-up procedures every year or two verified that I was out of danger. Dr. Amin literally saved my life and I am eternally grateful for his professionalism. Even though I was receiving Medicaid at the time, he treated me with the same care and respect he affords all of his other patients. Any negative reviews about Dr. Amin should be taken with a grain of salt - this man is a true professional, is very well-respected by his peers and has a top-notch bedside manner. He often rcommended doing both the endoscopy and the colonoscopy procedures at the same time to save me the trouble of having them done on different days. Since moving, I have yet to find another gastroenterologist, but I do know that Dr. Amin's shoes will be extremely hard to fill.

|  Uncaring, Unprofessional, Only care about making the most money  |  show details
by Ralph Ferraro on Feb 27th, 2013

I need an upper and lower scope and asked Amin to do both the same day and he lied to me saying my Insurance would not allow it and if he did them the same day I would have to pay 500.00 out of pocket extra....I called my Insurance Highmark and they said it is OK to do on same day....When I called the office and asked again I was told Amin would not do it. It is very sad when a doctor will make you go through the prep, take off another days work and go under anethesia again,when it would only take him an extra 15 minutes to do both. His staff was very rude to me for asking. And it only proves Amin is more interested in making the most money he can instead of making an unpleasant procedure easier for his patient. I have dropped him as my Doctor.....

|  Achalasia  |  show details
by Tracey P. on Feb 25th, 2013

Dr. Amin is wonderful!! I have been to Johns Hopkins for treatment of Achalasia and he has given me more information and time than I ever received at Hopkins. After my last scope I had horrible chest pains. Dr. Amin, himself, called me later that evening to see how I was doing. I trust him 100%. I did not fill out the accurate diagnosis as I had already been diagnosed before seeing Dr. Amin.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Amin is the best Gastro Dr. I have ever been to. I have been to doctors from Johnstown PA to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore Md. I had a scope done and Dr. Amin himself called me that night around 7pm to be sure I was doing well. I trust him 100% and would take my children to him if they ever need a gastro doctor.