Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Margaret Henry on Mar 26th, 2016

This office staff are professional, efficient, and friendly. I had a colonoscopy on 3/23/16. I was made to feel comfortable and relaxed. Dr. Amin seems so kind & explained everything to me. I highly recommend him.

best gastric center in Indiana, Pa. show details best gastric center in Indiana, Pa.
by Sally on Mar 22nd, 2016

I hate having a colonoscopy, but if I have to have it done glad it is with Dr. Amin's staff. Dr. Amin and his staff have always been fun and courteous to me.

Personality like a rock. show details Personality like a rock.
Feb 25th, 2016

The first meeting that I had with him I should have known what I was going to experience with this person.He said"I hope you don,t have to many questions because I am in a hurry."He scheduled me for the colonoscopy on one day and the upper scope on another day.On the day of the colonoscopy I waited over an hour for them to take me in.I was sitting on the side of the bed talking to my wife .He came and put his back to me and was telling her what he found.I was completely out of the anesthetic and at that point is where I knew I was dealing with a rock.He certainly will not get another dime out of me or my Insurance carrier.I certainly agree with the person that said he was a jerk , he treated me the same way.

by Matthew Deyarmin on Dec 9th, 2015

The doctor made several attempts to fight for me with the insurance company, which did not want to pay for the medication. Many thanks.

by Kathleen L. King on Dec 2nd, 2015

Dr. Amin deserves 5 Stars because of the superior care he provides.

Sep 29th, 2015

Dr. Amin has an attitude. He did not listen to anything I told him; I couldn't believe how far off the mark until I obtained a copy of the medical records. After 5-10 minutes into his initial assessment; he prescribed pantoprazole and Carafate and gave me information on IBS and GURD. Next, across the hall to see a nurse to schedule a endoscopy. The nurse kept asking me about scheduling a colonoscopy; I told her that Dr. Amin wanted to check the top end first and that I would schedule the colonoscopy later. The endoscopy was completed a day or so later in Dr. Amin's facility. Like a production line; the schedule is full. After the procedure, it took several inquiries to get Dr. Amin to talk to me; he was a little jerk and didn't explain anything, just growled about not scheduling the colonoscopy. I asked him about the results of other testing including an abdominal Ultrasound; he said that he had not received it yet. Okay, here is the kicker...I went to Dr. Amin with classic symptoms of gall bladder, nausea and vomiting for hours, happening more frequently...etc. He totally ruled out gall bladder (on record, in my medical records). Dr. Amin called me a day or two after the endoscopy and was again, in my opinion, a total little jerk, tersely explaining the findings on the ultrasound (due to his thick accent it was difficult to understand him on the phone). He mentioned not getting the colonoscopy and said something about a problem with my right adrenal gland and that I should follow up with someone. Several weeks and half dozen gall bladder attack/episodes later, I was admitted to the hospital through the ER; the gall bladder was removed that same day, 15cm long, infected, and not far from rupturing. I went to Dr. Amin because I was getting sick more and more often and it didn't matter what I ate. I was sick for hours each episode and vomited 15-25 times each episode. Here, take this medicine and let me look down your throat and what do you mean I can't look up your butt! Dr. Amin totally misdiagnosed my condition and was an arrogant jerk in the process. Colonoscopy and Endoscopy production lines are making this Dr. a small fortune but I wonder, based on my experience, if he treats all of his patients the same way? Unfortunately, there may not be many gastroenterologists in the area; I advise anyone needing to see one to look elsewhere.

May 7th, 2015

I trust Dr. Amin totally. He has diagnosed difficult issues for other members of my family. He also returns calls quickly and goes out of his way to be helpful.

Wow, the reviews are extreme opposite opinions....hmmm show details Wow, the reviews are extreme opposite opinions....hmmm
Apr 9th, 2015

Wow, I really enjoyed reading the reviews about Dr. Amin. He seems to have a love/hate relationship with his patients. He couldn't have just been that "middle of the road" sorta guy that cares enough for all his patients to be courteous, kind, understanding, sympathetic and informative. You have to wonder why a person, especially with the type of career he chooses to exercise, is being so judgemental to some and not others Hmmm. Oh well. Let me ask you a question. All you people that he was a jerk to out there....Were you a jerk first? Just Kidding. Really. Because, I too, was a patient of Dr. Amin and had the worst experience. Of course the endo and colo were not scheduled on same day, so what else is new? The most awful part of the experience was his bedside manner. He spent no time with me to answer any questions I had. He was very curt and rude during all my appoinments. I was even diagnosed with several very serious life threatening illnesses and I am a female in my 30's. The not so crazy part is that I am a health care worker for last 16 years. It is my career and I chose to do it and I love it, but we all have bad days. But that does not give me the right to take my bad day out on anyone of the patients. I can easily take it out on my co-workers by someone listening to me vent. Why do people have to be mean all the time? Anyway, on a positive note, he was thorough and ordered a lot of tests, that is why I stayed with him until the testing was done, then I took my results and went to another doctor, I couldn't handle his demeanor anymore. But, the staff was always nice and the lady that did the scheduling was really nice too.

Aug 28th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Amin for many years.. he is very knowledgeable! He has been so amazing! I would recommend him to anyone!!!!

save yourself!! show details save yourself!!
Sep 26th, 2013

Terrible all i can say..out for the money,not out for quality care..unnescessary tests..Please seek a second opinion first before trusting

Patient show details Patient
by Clara on Jul 14th, 2013

He is rude and treats his staff something awful, and doesn't want to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy on the same day, because he will lose money. He said Americans are stupid. That is what I was told from his nurses.

Excellent and Caring Doctor show details Excellent and Caring Doctor
by Charles Lentz on Jun 22nd, 2013

I had been seeing Dr. Shirish Amin for approximately five years before moving out of the area, and I must say that he was an extremely caring doctor with a wonderful staff! He performed numerous endoscopies and colonoscopies - often doing both at the same time - and diagnosed me with Barrett's Esophagitis and colon polyps. He took a great deal of time explaining the conditions and prescribed medications (often having to override my insurance company's drug formulary) that eventually healed the Barrett's Esophagitis. He also removed the colon polyps. Follow-up procedures every year or two verified that I was out of danger. Dr. Amin literally saved my life and I am eternally grateful for his professionalism. Even though I was receiving Medicaid at the time, he treated me with the same care and respect he affords all of his other patients. Any negative reviews about Dr. Amin should be taken with a grain of salt - this man is a true professional, is very well-respected by his peers and has a top-notch bedside manner. He often rcommended doing both the endoscopy and the colonoscopy procedures at the same time to save me the trouble of having them done on different days. Since moving, I have yet to find another gastroenterologist, but I do know that Dr. Amin's shoes will be extremely hard to fill.

Uncaring, Unprofessional, Only care about making the most money show details Uncaring, Unprofessional, Only care about making the most money
by Ralph Ferraro on Feb 27th, 2013

I need an upper and lower scope and asked Amin to do both the same day and he lied to me saying my Insurance would not allow it and if he did them the same day I would have to pay 500.00 out of pocket extra....I called my Insurance Highmark and they said it is OK to do on same day....When I called the office and asked again I was told Amin would not do it. It is very sad when a doctor will make you go through the prep, take off another days work and go under anethesia again,when it would only take him an extra 15 minutes to do both. His staff was very rude to me for asking. And it only proves Amin is more interested in making the most money he can instead of making an unpleasant procedure easier for his patient. I have dropped him as my Doctor.....

Achalasia show details Achalasia
by Tracey P. on Feb 25th, 2013

Dr. Amin is wonderful!! I have been to Johns Hopkins for treatment of Achalasia and he has given me more information and time than I ever received at Hopkins. After my last scope I had horrible chest pains. Dr. Amin, himself, called me later that evening to see how I was doing. I trust him 100%. I did not fill out the accurate diagnosis as I had already been diagnosed before seeing Dr. Amin.

Aug 30th, 2011

Dr. Amin is the best Gastro Dr. I have ever been to. I have been to doctors from Johnstown PA to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore Md. I had a scope done and Dr. Amin himself called me that night around 7pm to be sure I was doing well. I trust him 100% and would take my children to him if they ever need a gastro doctor.