Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
Jul 7th, 2011

It has been 12 years since Dr. Suda performed a mastectomy on me, so I have no recollection of time spent waiting, etc. But I cannot praise her enough. I have been cancer free ever since. I am motivated to write because when we discussed, pre-op, about sampling the lymph nodes in my axilla, I asked what she would do in her own situation. She said, "I would not remove them. The results are for staging and I believe you should have a complete mastectomy and full bore chemo" and referred me to Dr. Elizabeth Krecker for the chemotherapy. Dr. Suda explained the various downsides of lymph node removal and I concurred. A month ago I came across an article titled "Lymph node surgery for breast cancer patients proves worthless and harmful" citing studies published in JAMA and comments by eminent specialists such as Dr. Monica Morrow of Sloan-Kettering, Dr. Grant Carlson at the Winship Cancer Institute at Emory University, and Dr. Armando Giuliano at the John Wayne Cancer Institute at St John's in Santa Monica. Dr. Suda was way ahead of her time.