Dr. Shirley Woo MD Patient Reviews

2.9

September 14th, 2016
I had one appointment with Shirley Woo, and believe me, once was enough to convince me not to go back. I made the appointment because I was having a gyne-related problem, and her office was close to where I lived. She was cold & unprofessional. in my opinion. She seemed skeptical when I explained my symptoms, and the physical exam was downright painful, when I had never had that experience with an OB/GYN before. I'm giving this practice 2 stars - the extra one for the staff, because they were decent. Would definitely NOT recommend this MD to a friend (or anyone else for that matter).

January 3rd, 2014
My son almost died
This woman does not listen too women. I was 38 weeks pregnant and scheduled for a c-section. My first child went into distress bc I would not dialate . Dr. Woo had not previously been my Dr. I was scheduled Jan.19th and Jan 3rd exactly two years ago today I woke up with painful contractions. When I arrived at Magee a man who was a nurse said my contractions were not close enough and strong enough. He spoke with Woo who never even spoke with me or examined me told me to go home and take Tylenol. The painful contractions kept coming and going for the next couple days. I became worried and on my next office visit I explained how concerned I was about the baby considering my past that she was aware of. She told me she has seen women do this and go home . I continued to ask voice my concern about the baby. She crossed her arms and legs and said "I don't know what to tell you" just go home and relax. Well 2 days later I felt no movement. I called Woo and she told me to lay down fir 2 hours and do a kick count. I complied and nothing. Went back to Magee and as soon as I got hooked up a team came in and swooped my to the OR. My baby was dying. He was born not breathing on his own. His body was filled with fluid, pneumonia, sepsis, and thrombocytopenia. Then we were told he had Down Syndrome which we had no clue. Let me add his health problems were not from Down Syndrome. My son spent 22 days in the NICU fighting . I tried to tell her something was wrong and she blew me off. A simple late trimester ultrasound on the 3rd could of made a difference. No I would not of changed the fact he had downs but could have prevented all the fluid and pneumonia plus sepsis. She did not listen to me. She was always arrogant about it and knew everything! Well let's just say he got him out in time but if I didn't go that night on instinct my son would have died. Took me two years to be a le to relive the story. My son is healthy now and blowing people away with his progress. I am grateful for that. Just wanted to share my experience with Woo. Lets just say she came 1 time to the NICU and we never saw her again. She knew she screwed up.

September 13th, 2013
Good doctor if you don't want someone with a personality
Dr. Woo did my C-section. No compassion for my pain, no compassion when she gave me the option to continue pushing or opt for the C-section. When I told her I wanted the C-section (well, I really didn't want it but I was too exhausted and in too much pain to continue pushing) she just had me sign the form and that was it. There was absolutely no follow up from her. Not while I was in recovery, not during my four day stay in the hospital. Two other doctors from her practice stopped by my room to see how I was doing. One of them I met during one of my prenatal visits (for a total of 5 minutes) the other doctor was new to the practice and I had never met her before. When I got home, my feet blew up like balloons so I called the office after hours. Dr. Woo returned my call. She did not ask me how I was recovering. (I know that these doctors can't remember all their patients, but a little compassion or empathy would have been nice). She just said my feet would return to normal the next day, which they did not. They were swollen for about a week.

June 28th, 2013
Loved her!
I absolutely loved Dr. Woo! I came for my yearly exam, and being a younger female, this was only my second time having this done. I had previously gone to a woman at an entirely different practice where everything went wrong (period started during the exam, got very sick afterwards, etc). Needless to say, I was dreading this appointment due to my previous experience. However, Dr. Woo was wonderful. She was very nice and kept me calm and relaxed despite my nerves. Her exam was quick and relatively painless---at one point, I was uncomfortable due to the speculum being a little too large, but she was quick to fix that issue and proceeded with utmost professionalism and care. I can't speak for anything other than the yearly exam, but I really liked having her as my physician. I will definitely be getting my next appointment with her!

September 14th, 2012
Completely inattentive
Dr. Woo was a horrible physician. I had gestational hypertension and when I brought up the fact I suddenly felt sick all-over 2 weeks before my due date, she told me to simply take tums. Less than a week later I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and I came in to be induced. I only saw her TWICE in 12 hours. It took 3 hours for her to even start the induction! Then she broke my water without barely saying a word to me, and I had only been awake for 5 minutes. Then, on a follow-up visit, I needed my c-section wound examined. Since it wasn't "in her notes" & she wasn't set-up for a packing change (which would simply take the nurse a minute to bring into the room), she refused to take out my packing to actually examine the wound that caused me to go to the ER. So I dragged my mom & baby there for no reason! She was completely inattentive, and at times, lazy. Everyone else in the practice is great, just don't make an appointment with Dr. Woo!

April 24th, 2012
Prader Willi Specialist
very down to earth and professional

March 1st, 2012
She was rude , arrogant and did a painful examination.

February 10th, 2012
don't go to this doctor
When I had a low ab pain and brown discharge problem, I went to Dr.Woo. She said it's normal and didn't give me any test. Now I'm diagnosed with 8x8x9cm ovarian mass. Don't put your own life to this kind of doctor!

September 9th, 2010
Needs to improve...
Dr. Woo is good with diagnosing and treating diseases and I guess delivering babies and she is nice as a person but she is poor at addressing issues such as PMS mood swings or sexual problems. She makes me feel like a bag of organs, not a person.

March 29th, 2010
Very thorough, took all the time I needed to answer questions about upcoming surgery. When I had more questions, I called the office and she returned my call within 24 hours. Very smart and spells out all the options. The entire practice is wonderful too.

October 16th, 2009
Went to Dr. Woo for the first time last month, for an annual exam. She was very professional, good bedside manner, made me feel very comfortable. She answered all my questions completely.