Dr. Shlomo Hellerstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shlomo Hellerstein?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Shlomo Hellerstein?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 27th, 2015

Life saver

this man literally saved my life in 2004. diagnosed my staph infection while on call at Community South

October 29th, 2014

wonderful patient dr

I have been going to Dr Hellerstein for almost 10 years now he takes time to listen to his patients and understand how they are feeling and what they need. Many doctors rush u in and out of their office and seem not to listen. But not Dr.Hellerstein. You may have to wait a little on a busy day, because all his patients are important to him. He makes me feel he truly cares about my well being. He is a good doctor. I am so happy I have him instead of one of those cold uncaring doctors I've had in the past. I definitely would recommend Dr. Hellerstein to anyone.

August 31st, 2014

Doctor Hellerstein has been my doctor for over 15 years. I could not ask for a better doctor in the state of Indiana. His medical knowledge surpasses most other physicians. I have has medical emergencies in the past and Dr. Hellerstein has always been available. His nurse Dawna runs the office by herself and is always very polite and professional. If there is anyone who needs a great doctor I would suggest that you give Dr. Hellerstein and Dawna a call. You may have a long wait time but its worth every minute you spend. They make a great team if not the BEST in Indiana!!

August 4th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hellerstein's for many years. His commitment to his patients well being is very good. If your diagnosis is not within his specialization, he has a vast amount of colleagues he collaborates with to insure you have the best treatment possible and is included / advised during treatment outside of him. Some indicate Dr. Hellerstein is late to appointments..to know Dr. Hellerstein is to know that he is sometimes late because he is taking the time to truly listen and understand each and every single one of his patients concerns.

May 14th, 2014

1 happy patient!

Other than my immediate family he is #1 in my book! He saved my life thru pancreatitis in the emergency room & hospital of 35 days & had not even met me till then, I have been going to him since age of 42 and wld not even consider going elsewhere! Yes u have to wait sometimes but he gives u the same attention as everyone else and his nurse is very caring and gives u all her attention when needed. I have never had any problems reaching him thru his answering service at any time of the day or night! I would recommend him to anyone that needs a dr. no matter what your age. Its the kind of office that makes you feel cared about! Looking for a dr? - he is the one - A #1 rating in my book!

March 5th, 2014

patient

Dr. Hellerstein is a very caring, sweet and knowledgeable doctor. He treated me and my late husband for several years. He was the one who diagnosed my gallbladder problems when other drs just brushed me off. He helped me and my husband with constipation problems, GI problems and with other ailments. He and his assistant are the most caring people I have ever seen. Thank you, Dr. Hellerstein.

February 26th, 2013

A patient from 2002 til 2012, After waiting in his waiting room for an average of 2 hours each visit, you could always bank on at least another 30 minutes past that. After going to I U in 2009 to find a bleed in my intestine which Dr. H had missed not one time but 4 times doing upper and lower GIs ande Colonoscopies. After 4 hours of surgery a.d numberous blood transfusions I felt it evident that this Dr. Was not for me. His office staff consist of only one person who has become more rude and overrbearing over the years and hasw eccentially taken full controlled over his practice deciding who where a.d when the Dr. Should see or talk with. She is not qualified to make those calls unless 10 years as an underqualified nurIse allows you to practice medicine or instruct the Dr. how to run his practice . I'm much happier with my new Dr. And would not recommend this Dr. For any friend or family.

October 10th, 2012

Concerned about the good doctor

Dr. Hellerstein is a caring professional. He is from Israel and, as of this writing, is 69 years old. His clientele are mostly medicaid and medicare patients, most of whom are senior citizens. Average wait time to see Dr. Hellerstein is about an hour after appointment time. Often he comes into the office anywhere from half an hour to an hour after morning appointments have begun. It used to be worth the wait, but lately I'm concerned about some of the things he's said to me. Earlier this year, I brought up in conversation that I was walking with my church in the Pride Parade. He proceeded to tell me that homosexuality is a sin according to the Torah and the Bible. The last time I saw him, he asked if I was voting. After I said yes, he started spouting off a bunch of stuff against President Obama, and I felt that was uncalled for in the doctor's office. So I'm looking into changing to another doctor, if I can find one that takes Medicaid and is taking new patients.

December 4th, 2015