Dr. Shobha Asthana MD Patient Reviews

• Child Neurology Belle Vernon, PA

3.0

September 22nd, 2016
Great doctors take time with patients and to be seen
She's very thorough and wonderful. I don't mind the time she takes because I know when it's my turn I will have the same. Highly recommended

April 24th, 2016
STAY AWAY FROM THIS WOMAN!!!!

April 9th, 2015
aweful
This appointment took. 4 plus hours..gives meds the dont work...comes in with food in her mouth..daughter still suffering from headaches..had to cancel appointment today and I'm going to be charged 50. Dollars...i told her i will find a new neurologist...totally insane...not worth my time...

March 16th, 2015
Horrible waiting time. Waited over 3 hrs for a visit totally not acceptable. And asked if this was normal waiting time they said yes. Such poor businesse practice. NEVER GO HERE NEVER!

April 9th, 2014
hippa violator
I waited over an hour to see her for a test i was getting done. After going back, she said due to other issues I have, she couldn't do the test. After she left the room she announced my personal info to the staff and I could clearly hear her in the room at the end of the hall. So of course so could the whole waiting room. I left in tears!

August 19th, 2013
waited for almost 2 hours from appointment time. Was rude, never gave an answer about why I went to see her, more concerned with other issues than what I went to see her for.

September 25th, 2012
Teacher(retired)
Dr. Asthana is a wonderful doctor. She helped me a great deal with my numerous neurological issues. Were it not for here I would be in a wheelchair today.I dearly Love this Lady!What a Blessing she was to me when I lived in Pennsylvania.

September 13th, 2012
moderate
Dr. Shobha Asthana is a good neurologist and know what she is talking about. She may now be very kind when it comes to her personality, but knows her stuff. Yes the wait can be 2 hours but is well worth it.Her staff is friendly and nice always willing to help. Most of the bad reviewes on her seem like bitter people that dont want help or just dont like what they here.

June 13th, 2012
i agree on the long waits but she is a good dr because she is the one who found i was having seizers.so people can say what they want but she is a good dr

May 8th, 2012
Took away my license based on her opinion
I got in a car accident, was unconscious after words and the "brilliant doctor Asthana" wrote a letter to PennDott that night to have my license taken away......Before she did any of her tests or found out I was unconscious because another car did hit me. I never saw her again after she wrote that letter, even though I was still in the hospital I was admitted to for 5 days since the accident. Oh and she's the one who admitted me. So it was rude and weird that she never went over the results with me. Maybe because she didn't want to admit she jumped the gun and said I had epilepsy and she did it based on her personal opinion, yet all of the standard tests she ordered proved otherwise. All in all my PCP with the help of those tests got my license back but since it was PennDott it took almost 3 months with all that red tape. A 2nd neurologist one who didn't get their degree from an online school also cleared me from having seizures especially since I've never had one before nor does it run in my family.

December 29th, 2010
OK
I've been a patient of Dr. Asthana for a while and I agree with some of these comments. You have a long wait for every appointment, but she is a specialist and really does know what she is talking about. I hear other patients complaining before they go in to see her, and then come out happy and smiling so she must do something right. I guess it's just that she can only help people that want help. How many people who left bad comments here did exactly what she said to do to help your situation?

December 3rd, 2010
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
After wtiting in excess of 5 hours, Dr. Asthana came into the exam room and talked for several minutes while looking at lab results and the wrong patient's chart. Not to mention, the staff is RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL and actually hangs up on you if they don't want to deal with you or can't answer your question. THey made me pay the same copay twice.