A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shobha Swaminathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shobha Swaminathan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Swaminathan graduated from Government Medical College, Nagpur.
Dr. Swaminathan has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Umdnj University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Swaminathan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans