Internist
Video profile

Shady practice. Horrible staff. show details Shady practice. Horrible staff.
by Justin Neal on Jun 9th, 2015

Doctor Ambati treated my mom in the hospital for atrial fibrillation. The doctor is very polite and respectful. He also seems very knowledgeable. However, after being released from the hospital, getting in touch with the doctor was almost impossible. The staff are wholly uncooperative and seem to be incompetent. After 2 weeks and at least 2 dozen attempts to schedule an appointment (the fault of the staff), we were finally forced to see another doctor. When Dr. Ambati found out about this (keeping in mind that his staff didn't inform him of anything and that we were unsuccessful in contacting him) he called us directly to offer a suggestion on how we could be seen by him more expediently: stop taking the medicine, go back into atrial fibrillation, call an ambulance to bring you to the emergency room, and I'll be able to see you tomorrow. That doesn't seem conducive to making my mom's heart get better. It seems like the doctor making a last ditch effort to do anything in order to bill the insurance company. We saw a different doctor the very next day, who gladly scheduled a cardiac catheterization for 2 days later. 3 days after that procedure, Dr. Ambati's office finally called to set up a cardiac catheterization for the following week. Sorry guys, too little too late. If you find yourself in the hospital under his care, I truly believe you are in good hands as he is very professional and knowledgeable. But immediately upon discharge, start looking for somebody else.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Steve k on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr Ambati first treated me when I was hospitalized with a very serious cardiac condition. In the hospital he was thoughtful and kind and competent. I followed up with Dr Ambati until he left Hollywood a Florida and he continued to be perfect. Almost a year later I wanted help evaluating heart test results. I tracked him down in Orlando and he was very generous with his time and I absolutely have faith in his opinion. Dr Ambati is either perfect or as close to perfect as is humanly possible to be. He is one of the very best physicians I have met.

Best Doctor in the business show details Best Doctor in the business