Dr. Shreyaskumar Patel Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Shreyaskumar Patel?

May 14th, 2017

Find Another Doctor if you can!!!

How did this jerk become a physician at the number one cancer center in America? No compassion, he gets loud and tries to speak over you. Thinks he is always right! I will never ever be seen and spoken to like that by him again! He is not worth me stressing myself out and trying to save my life, while doing so.

July 3rd, 2016

Would not recommend.

Does not like to be questioned and or provide answers. Does not want to refer patients to Oncology Surgeons for second opinions. Spent most of his time making off color remarks and or jokes. Why does MD Anderson employ Patel?

June 27th, 2016

Would not recommend this Doctor. He is always very late in keeping appointments. Recommended clinical trials that could have been damaging and found to be unnecessary. Very poor attitude and abrupt. Easily takes offense when questioned.

January 11th, 2016

Don't get negative reviews

As title says, I don't get the negative reviews. I came over from Austin for a consultation. Dr Patel explained everything from the 30,000 foot level to down in the weeds details. He asked if I was unclear about anything he described and several times asked if I had any questions. He said the Austin oncologists were right on track and he had complete faith in their treatment plan. He said contact him anytime with further questions. The only downside to my visit was the wait time. Mt appt was at 2, didn't see him until 430.

October 6th, 2015

Hooray for Shrey!

Shrey is an awesome Doctor. I have read people complaining about his bedside manner and I say to them you have bigger issues to deal with. He was straight forward with me. Stage 4 sarcoma, 10% chance to survive. Fine. I wish the first hospital I went to was able to actually tell me those things. Seven months later I was cancer free! Even then he told me the cancer would most likely be back in the next two years. Fine, thanks for being honest with your opinion. That was 16 years ago. Since then I married my then GF and we have a beautiful 10 year old daughter. Thanks Shrey for giving me the correct diagnosis, treatments and the gift of time.

October 1st, 2015

Dr Patel does not care about patient survival

In comparison to literature reviewed he and others made major mistakes in our treatment. He can be easily out of manners such as yelling to patients (happened with both patients that I know he treated).

April 25th, 2014

I am still fuming about that doctor. He had no bedside manner at all. When I asked him questions he would belittle me and literally yell at me. He said to me several times "you just missed that whole entire conversation." When in fact, the questions I would ask weren't even part of the conversation. He really needs to learn how to listen and just shut up with his ranting. When I asked him about preventative medicine treatments he said 'I don't treat until my back's against the wall. She has no symptoms...I don't treat scans. Why are you even here?" What a jerk!!!! And to think that we drove 900 miles to see him. Absolutely a waste of time. He did not even do a neurological exam on my daughter and she has been diagnosed with a brain tumor for over 9 years! Never again!

February 14th, 2013

20+ years w/MD Anderson, doesn't equate to good

I would not recommend him. Treating patients with cancer takes compassion, an ability to listen to your patients questions/concerns, and providing thoughtful responses. In my experience, he cannot or will not do this.

February 25th, 2012

A big no-no

I do NOT recommend in any way for anyone.

September 28th, 2011