Dr. Shumin Zhao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

October 10th, 2016
She has helped me with medication for depression and anxiety.

September 12th, 2015
Low End Of Lansing Psych. MD
She spends 10 minutes with me. Does not listen to my chief complaint or address my chief complaint with medication or any other type of help. For this 10 minutes she is compensated $198.00 between my insurance and my part. Very lucrative for 10 minutes and no help. I have see her over 25 times. I am going to another practice.

February 21st, 2014
Dr. Zhao
Dr. Zhao has been my psychiatrist for 12 years. At first she seemed a little cold, but as I have come to know her over the years, she has been very kind to me. I've had difficulty communicating with her a few times, but it was resolved quickly. She is not a psychotherapist. She will refer you to a therapist for that part of treatment. She has helped me a great deal with prescribed medication and I am grateful for that. I would recommend her to others, but understand that her demeanor can appear a little short until you get to know her.

February 20th, 2013
parent of deceased patient
Dr. Zhao is has a cold demeanor. She does not seem to spend much time getting to know the patient or understand what is going on in the life of the patient. There seems to be little attention paid to the general physical health of the patient. Drugs are the cure. Little attention is paid to the overall health of the patient. Reaching outside of appointment time is nearly impossible. Look for a more compassionate, comprehensive psychiatrist.