Emergency Physician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  show details
by Jocelyn on Mar 24th, 2013

My most memorable event during my visit.... The incredibly rude, dismissive, condescending doctor that was on shift, Dr. Shun Kwong. He didn't bother to try to explain what could be wrong, he didn't spend time with me afterwards asking if I had any questions. He refused a test until we continued to pressure him, and once the test was done and they found something (minor however), he came in and said "Well, there's not much to say" with the condescending tone that really said to me "Yep, I told you so". I have anxiety and I already feel nervous enough going to someone and asking for help, then I reluctantly go to the hospital looking for help and I am greeted by a doctor who just tells me it's something "normal in my life" and that I should just go to another doctor. I understand that an emergency room is for life threatening situations, but when you go to any professional for help whether it be a doctor or an auto repair shop you expect to be treated courteously. Not only was he rude, but he was acting as if I didn't matter. I felt like two seconds after telling him my pains and symptoms he had already written me off and wanted me out of the hospital. What would I say to my friends about this hospital? Go anywhere BUT here if you feel that you have a problem. Would I recommend this hospital or the doctor? Definitely not. Dr. Kwong's nurse, Philip, was the sweetest person. He took the time to explain to me exactly what the results of the test meant and filled in all the holes Dr. Kwong left out and also printed off papers so I could better understand things and wouldn't be left clueless. I am thoroughly disgusted with how I was treated, and I hope no one else has to go through that experience. To already feel sick and be in discomfort and then to reach out for help and to be treated like I was an idiot to come into the hospital is not pleasant. So if you're looking for help I would suggest you go to a different doctor, one who is willing to spend time with you and help you, because you can't find that in Dr. Kwong based upon my brief, rude experience with him. (I wouldn't have even given him a star but I am unable to submit my review without the "required fields")

|  show details
May 19th, 2010

Straightforward professional. Listens well. Made me feel at ease.