Pediatrician, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Thoroughness Personified show details Thoroughness Personified
by Harold Rennett on Jun 22nd, 2016

We have seen Dr. Rajasingham for years, for my profoundly autistic son's seizures. He's sometimes not the easiest guy in the world to deal with, but Dr. Rajasingham has never had anything even resembling a problem with his strange behaviors or sounds. She's always been pleasant, responsive, and caring with regard to my son and us, his parents. We've spoken to her on the phone after hours many times over the years, which necessitated her trusting us with her cell phone number in several instances. She has always been incredibly thorough in trying to determine the exact nature of any seizure he has, so that she can prescribe the best medication for him, which has not been easy at times. She's also been very thorough in physically examining my son, and yesterday her thoroughness really paid off. Yesterday, her routine examination of my son's eyes led her to see an abnormality that she feared might be a cataract, and this morning, an ophthamologist to whom she referred us confirmed that my son does indeed have a cataract in his left eye that is bound to be limiting his vision. (My son does not speak or understand language -- and is severely limited intellectually -- so he cannot indicate to us how well he is seeing and doesn't altogether know what's normal or abnormal in what he perceives.) Without her thoroughness, we would not have known about the problem, which is not apparent when anyone looks at him. Talk about beyond the call of duty! She's always lived up to the strong recommendation of the pediatric neurologist at Children's Hospital (and later Georgetown University Hospital) who referred us to her when he left the DC area.

Not "pediatric" show details Not "pediatric"
Jul 1st, 2012

She was meticulous and thorough and at best seemed 'amused' by our child. There was no little or compassion expressed to him. She sat at a table and asked questions while making our child hyperventilate on an exam table trying to see if they would have a seizure. There was no element of protection. She wasn't near enough to catch them if they fell or had a seizure. She did a neurological exam which bordered on flash speed and with her very strong British accent, it was difficult for us to understand her much less our child. I think she is much better suited for an adult.

Long Ago but not Forgotten show details Long Ago but not Forgotten
Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr. Rajasingham is the best Neurologist in the Washikngton Metro Area! I will never forget how she helped my twins as they grewb up with a very rare Neurological Disorder.

The Best by far show details The Best by far
Sep 4th, 2009

Our daughter was diagnosed/misdiagnosed with a type of seizure disorder. Several trips to Dr. Rajasingham, and our daughter has been seizure free for two years! Her bedside manner is EXCELLENT. She takes the time to explain everything, and truly cares about her patients and her career!