Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt, MD
Hip, Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine
Video profile

Still in pain show details Still in pain
by RC on Mar 6th, 2016

Took three weeks to get "first available " appointment. Then 4 days later I called back and asked if I could get in sooner and was told "first available " was 4 days sooner at a different location . Not sure why I wasn't offered that the first time I called . I arrived on time and was taken back within 15 minutes of my appointment time. First I met with his PA. She took a history , moved my joint around and said the doctor would be in shortly . He arrived within 5 minutes . I asked him if he wanted to know the background . He said his assistant had filled him in. He moved my joint around , spent about 5 minutes with me, never even sat down and said I didn't need surgery ( which sounded good at the time) and that his PA would be in to give me a shot of cortisone and that I should schedule PT a week later. I got the shot and left. $250.00 for his 5 minutes . Another $225.00 for a $3.00 shot. Two months of PT later I am still in pain. He came recommended as "THE" guy to go to. All I can say to that is: If he's the best, the rest must have gotten their degrees through mail order.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, We apologize for your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Aug 1st, 2015

After paying my $50 copay and waiting an hour to see the doctor he was annoyed that I actually wanted him to have a conversation with him. How dare I question the results of the MRI that he disregarded as incorrect.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for considering OrthopaediCare for your care. Excellent patient service is something we are continually striving for and hoping to achieve with every patient. We apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. At your convenience, please contact Dorothy B. at (215) 830-8700, extension 3105. Thank you.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Trish on Jan 7th, 2015

I would not hesitate recommending Dr. Brahmabhatt! He is an excellent, caring doctor and a remarkable surgeon. My issue, however, is with the wait time in the office. Schedule your appointment on a day you have nowhere else to be, or be prepared to wait over an hour from your scheduled appointment time. I also did not appreciate having to walk through a crowded waiting room in a hospital gown from the doctors office which was one one side of the building to the Xray room on the other side. Office logistics and management could be improved.

Jul 8th, 2011

Wonderful bedside manner show details Wonderful bedside manner
Apr 21st, 2011

Wait time in office is long, did take his time with me, was very caring and thorough. Surgery is scheduled.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Laurie B. on May 18th, 2010

He's a great doctor, perhaps a little too quick during a visit. He should slow down and give people time to think. I just had surgery and I'm very pleased and happy with the results. I'd definitely recommend him to someone else.

Apr 26th, 2010

I think my experience with the doctor was fantastic. He treated me for a torn ACL, and performed the surgery. He was accurate and precise in his diagnosis. He gave me a lot of information about the injury and made sure I understood what everything meant. He always asks if I have any questions. I'm very happy with the results of the surgery so far, and would recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner is excellent. He's very outgoing and a good communicator.