Dr. Shyam Brahmabhatt MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Willow Grove, PA

May 16th, 2017
full knee replacement
He was terrific. Warm, friendly and left me with a wonderful knee. highly recommened

May 11th, 2017
Gave me a knee replacement inFeb. Can't Waite till the other knee is replaced
A very good Doctor. Very caring and takes time to explain the operation and what to expect in the recovering period. I am so pleased and confordent , I am so looking forward to getting my other knee replaced by Dr. Brahmabhatt..

May 11th, 2017
Very Caring Doctor
I had a knee replacement done by Dr. B and would recommend him to anyone. I went thru the injections, therapy etc before making the decision for surgery and when that time came I had no doubts or concerns about the decision. Dr. B was very thorough when it came time for my appts and he took the time needed to explain everything as well as ask if I had any questions or concerns. My other knee is starting to give me problems and I won't hesitate to call Dr. Brrahmabhatt when the time comes to have it taken care of.

May 2nd, 2017
All seems good so far!
Writing this review nearly 7 months post opp. - SLAP Tear (overhead athlete - volleyball). Dr. B ordered arthogram confirmation immediately after initial evaluation and diagnosis of SLAP tear. He was spot on. Tear was worse than arthrogram showed. Dr. B also checked my rotator cuff during surgery. Although our discussions were a little quick for me (mainly due to my concern about being on the same page as everyone involved regarding my symptoms, goals, and expectations etc.), I felt like Dr. B had a solid understanding of how I was hoping to come out of this process in the end, and I also felt that he did a good job giving me realistic expectations. Would I come back 100% and be able to crush the ball prior to injury? No. Would I be able to keep playing and have less pain then I was suffering through over the extent of the injury? Yes. Surgery was a breeze - literally NO PAIN. I wonder if he even did anything sometimes! But the small scars and pictures during surgery confirm - 3 or 4 anchors, "a solid repair" in Dr. B's words. I took some of the percocet in anticipation of major pain after the day of surgery drugs wore off, but honestly didn't need to. Immobilized as much as possible for the first 4-6 weeks, sleep was not fun and difficult. I was consistently one month a head of schedule in terms of my recovery. PT for a few months at least 3 days/week. Full range of motion after 4 months or so. Now I'm nearly 7 months and things are going pretty well. Still have some pain when my arm is completely extended above my head, but I'm hoping that diminishes. I am not swinging hard or fully extended yet. My goal is by 10 months to not have much pain swinging hard and full at all. SLEEPER STRETCH! Thanks Dr. B.

April 28th, 2017
Bi-Lateral Knee
Dr. B does a stellar job at informing the patient, discussing options and when surgery indicated, preparing you for the day of as well as the recovery after. My double-knee was not only a complete success, but was walking around the nursing floor several times a day right after surgery. Now 6 months post and so happy to be able to easily walk and run again!

April 14th, 2017
2 knee replacements. I am back to walking ,traveling, and enjoying a quality of life I had been missing with my bad knees. Dr, B is the very professional and a perfectionist is everything he does. My new knees feel like I was born with them. A wonderful Dr, and following his and PT's directions I am Back to Living.

April 13th, 2017
Dr. B. was great. Fixed my shoulder, plus my neighbor and my future son-inlaw
I was an active 68 year old with shoulder problems. Dr. B was recommended by my primary care physician. I got a first appointment at Rothman in about four weeks which I thought was good. Dr. B. was very cordial and matter of fact. He wanted to know my background and issues. He examined my left shoulder and quickly detected at rotator cuuf tear and sent me for an immediate MRI. On my follow-up visit he showed me the MRI and thoroughly explained (and showed) what was the complete rotator cuff tear and complete bicep tendon tear. No wonder I had no strength and couldn't keep my arm up for long .He wasn't pushing surgery but was honest about my rehab options. In other words it couldn't been healed through rehab. He thoroughly explained my surgical (arthrosopic) options and give me time to decide. During this visit I realized why Dr. B. had such a great reputation in our area. He was honest, forthright and said he could fix my shoulder but any subsequent improvements would be my responsibilty during the first six months of rehab. Plus, another six months of to completely heal and strengthen the shoulder. I saw Dr. B. two weeks after surgery and again at three and six months. He was positive and encouraging about my improvement with Rothman rehab. He was very motivating. Rothman rehab with Meagan M. was the key component. I think Dr.B. was great. He was honest about the process, didn't propose an easy recovery and kept me motivated along with Meagan. I'm not close to being 100% but even at 75% my quality of life is drastically improved. Also, the before and after surgery pictures are unbelievable.

March 30th, 2017
Great Experience
Dr. B took his time with me first putting me in a brace and sending me to PT which helped for almost a year. Unfortunately my knee was progressively get worse and total replacement was done. Followed my PT instructions and went to my follow ups with Dr B who always told me I was progressing ahead of schedule. On my 1 anniversary visit Dr B was completely satisfied. I do not have to see him for 2 years. I would highly recommend Dr. B. Great Doc!

March 16th, 2017
He fixed my ACL. And i will b playing baseball again!
Full ACL reconstruction with minimal scarring, easy rehab (i just had to do what tgey said to do) and very little pain after the 1st 2-3 days following surgery!!! And he really gets to know you to help you achieve full recovery and reach your goals post surgery. He even personally called me a few days after surgery to follow up. I could not recommed dr b more!!!

March 6th, 2017
interaction
Explaines, in laymans terms, the treatment being suggested. Very professional and takes the time necessary to answer any questions posed.

September 29th, 2016
former patient
I had surgery in 2014 for a torn rotator cuff with dr b and he did an excellent job I have not had a problem since. when I needed bilateral double knee replacement surgery in 2016 I did not know which doctor to choose. when I learnrd that dr b did knee surgery the decision was easy he did an outstanding job as usual I would highly recommend dr bramabatt for your surgery

September 15th, 2016
Patient
Excellent bedside manner. Actually looks at the patient and listens to what is being said to him! Presents options and choices to client.. Very impressed.