Dr. Shyamal Mitra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 3 reviews

June 18th, 2016
Unprofessional
Dr. Mitra's office is the most unprofessional establishment I've ever been. I was scheduled to take a stress test on a treadmill and have an EKG done. Nobody explained to me what they were doing for the exception of "pull up your shirt". As I was getting the Ekg done, another nurse barged right in without knocking! My chest fully exposed! She came right in without introducing herself and sat on the bed of the examination room typing on her laptop. I was afraid I was gonna have my picture taken while my breasts were out. Then they just left leaving me by myself for a good 30 mins. They moved me to a different room where the treadmill was. Then waited there for another 30 mins before telling me they had to move me somewhere else because they needed the room. They had me sitting in the middle of the hallway! I sat there as I watched a young dark skinned nurse w black glasses rub around like a chicken with its head cut off. I sat there for about an hour and the young lady did not say a word to me. The way the place is run its like they don't have enough space and nurses! They have no bedside manners and I definitely do not recommend coming here. You can tell by the nurses demeanor that they don't want to be there as well as the Dr. not being on top of things. No professionalism whatsoever.

December 23rd, 2015
Wow! Brilliant doctor and staff.

October 21st, 2013
Care for CAD by Dr. Mitra
Dr. Mitra is leaving KMS, and he will be practicing in Jacksonville, NC. Dr. Mitra is beloved by his patients and well respected by his counter parts throughout the region to included Vidant Care Center (formerly Pitt Memorial Hospital) in Greenville. Even though I do not like the hospital in Jacksonville, Dr. Mitra has been an outstanding physicial to me and my husband so I intend to stay with Dr. Mitra as he transitions to his new practice....yes, he is that good. He is an outstanding cardiologist. I have been treated by him since the mid-1990's.