Dr. Shyrelle Gardner MD Patient Reviews

3.9

January 7th, 2016
Simply excellent.

December 30th, 2014
Dr. Gardner is an excellent physician. She takes time to listen to her patients, and is very detailed in her analysis.

July 24th, 2013
Sad
I was a patient for the last 13 years, and I felt the need to seek a new doctor. I don't think I realized just how bad it was at her office until I left. What a difference my new doctor is! I had not been happy at Dr Gardners for the last couple of years, but stayed because it just seemed easier. I liked Dr Gardner very much, as a person she is warm and seems caring. But her staff is the worst. I have waited as long as five hours, I am not kidding. On the phone, one of them tried to tell me that there was no way she was going to refill two of my prescriptions because they were for the sme problem (one was for sleep the other for anxiety), I informed her that was funny because I had been taking them for twelve years(not daily, the sleep one I filled about every three months). I used to get refills on my prescriptions, but for the last year or two, I started having to call every month and ask them to call them in to the pharmacy. Sometimes this would take over a week, even with my pharmacist faxing them every day. He used to give me a few to tied me over until he heard from her office, but one month he had to give me ten pills (blood pressure)before they were called in, after that he just would not do it anymore. So this is why I had to leave. I found a new doctor who seems much more up on the newest meds, has a full service office with several doctors, short wait, and much more thorough. I think if Dr Gardner does not wish to retire soon, she should bring in a partner (not sure why her office says Dr Gardner and partners, she is the only doctor), or lower her case load, and hire a good office manager!

June 6th, 2013
she needs a new staff or office manager. They have failed time and again to call in prescriptions, called in wrong prescriptions, forgotten me in exam room, been rude on the phone etc etc. She is very nice, but overwhelmed.

September 28th, 2012
You can do better
Dr Gardner is an ok doctor. The only people that rave on her are people that have limited resources to accessing info, who are not very knowledgable, who put their trust in man ( or woman) in this case, people that don't realize that she only cares about a buck and all the attention that you think your getting is mostly being nosey about your personal issues not medical issues while your in the waiting room is filled with people that have been there for hours @ least 2 hours at the minimum. The office staff has a high turnover, you never know whose going to draw your blood, answer the phone, or assist your needs. As far as forms they do take forever the usual time for a form is about 3 days at the maximum not with Dr. Gardner plan on weeks. People rely on dr. Gardner because she's African American. I have at one time or another sat an observed the entire office everyone is always friendly but you can see that they are over worked and limited to what they can do. The office manager is old and looks like she should be at home retired instead of working.

April 5th, 2012
Doctor needs an entirely new staff!
The staff is very unprofessional. Follow up by the staff is terrible. My mother almost had a surgical procedure cancelled because they never sent the records to the surgeon as they assured her that they had on several occassions. The wait time for my mother was riducously long....3 hours. The Doctor is wonderful but the staff needs to be replaced.

September 26th, 2011
Dr. Gardner is a good doctor. But the wait time is ridiculous and her staff is so unprofessional.

August 24th, 2011
Awesome Doctor!
I have been a patient for 25 years! Since her first office in Mt. Airy on Germantown Ave @ Pleasant St. She is very;caring, knowledgable, always asks about my family,plesant and spends quality time with me during my visits. I never have problems with her staff filling out forms when required. The staff is friendly and professional! My only peeve is the wait time! This is probably atributed to the one on one time that she spends with each patient. A PA or RN Practioner would be helpful even though it may be a costly expense for Dr. Gardner and then her patients wouldn't always have the pleasure of seeing her. Either way, I am her patient forever! She's a GREAT DOCTOR!!