Dr. Sibyl Wray MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2016
Patient
Dr Wray is very knowledge about MS and available treatments. However, her staff returning my calls might be several days. I was scheduled for a infusion three times. One time I arrived on time for my infusion and was told my medicine was not there. I had to leave. I was not notified of that. My driver had taken off from work to take me there. Over the past six weeks I have been so frustrated with the person responsible for getting my meds approved in a timely manner and informing me of if insurance is approving. I was not notified my infusion was cancelled till I called them at 4ish pm the day before I was scheduled. Bad communication with them.

May 25th, 2016
Cancels appointments
Dr. Wray is bad about canceling the day of appointments. Canceling and not rescheduling. They leave you hanging not knowing when can get another appointment. Has happened 2out of 3 times. Also, slow or no follow up on tests or orders for tests. She is an expert when it comes to MS. But is the frustration worth it?

October 2nd, 2015
Ditto last review!
I felt good with the treatment option Dr.Wray chose for my MS. HOWEVER, IT TOOK 2 MONTHS TO GET STARTED ON THE INFUSIONS, due in large part to very poor communication skills of the office personnel! I'm supposed to have my 2nd treatment in 3 days but the infusion center I'm supposed to go to said they have tried to get the info from Dr. Wray's office for 2 weeks, but have yet to get a response. So now what??

September 10th, 2015
Knowledge excellent but poor service to patients
Dr. Wray is in the superb category for knowledge (academic doctor) and superb at constantly cancelling appointments (which is frustrating). Nurse is slow in faxing medications to pharmacy (takes at least 5 days each time). My therapist has been waiting two months for her office to sign a new order. Be prepared to endure a high frustration level in receiving proper care.,

August 18th, 2014
Hope is what I found at Dr. Wray's office.
When I was diagnosed with MS, it was by another neurologist in Knoxville. As I sat there, with my mother and father, this doctor preceded to tell me that I had two choices of medication and that I would need to be on Prozac (because that is how she treats all her MS patients). When I told her that I didn't feel that Prozac was necessary for me, she argued with me and told me that my experience wasn't a "bump in the road" as I had described. She told me I was having "earthquakes in my head". She also went on to tell me that she didn't recommend that any of her MS patients have children. I was devastated. She then went on to argue about Prozac before walking out of the room without a word. As soon as I walked out of the office, I knew I would never see her again. Then I found Dr. Wray and her staff. They are angels. When I went to her office, she made me feel like I did have Hope and that she was going to be there for me. I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone at Hope Neurology has been. If you are looking for a Neurologist for MS, her office is the best. I wish anyone reading this luck with their search for medical care whether they are a patient, family member or friend. Don't ever settle for a doctor or treatment you are not comfortable with. May God bless you and keep you.

January 17th, 2014
Wonderful office for the most part
I disagree with some parts of the earlier review. I have been a patient of Dr. Wray's since I was diagnosed, which could have been done much earlier and I would have been in much better shape than I am in now. But I am eternally grateful for Dr. Wray, and I think that Kelsey has been a wonderful addition. I personally find it relaxing and enjoyable and not just another doctor's visit talking with her. And never once have I felt that our conversations were in place of taking time with me and any problem I have had. I've had her call me on weekends, on week nights long after the office has closed. Everyone in that office has been nothing short of great. Dr. Wray is brilliant, Susie is perfect in her role up front, the girls giving the infusions are vibrant. I am very happy there.

January 14th, 2014
truth
Dr. Wray is an excellent doctor. She always takes a lot of time to evaluate. She is very caring. Very knowledge regarding MS. Susie the receptionist is wonderful to. I'm not sure of the nurse's name. The nursing situation has a lot to be desired. Years ago nurse Kim was wonderful....helpful in every way. If she said she did something she did it and you didn't have to ask twice. also Shelly was wonderful, caring and tried to help you if you had problems. She was available if you needed something. Her exams were very good. Kelsey who works there now is very nice. Having said that my last exam she talked about herself and her mother and hardly checked me at all. I've also heard that from others. with time she might be good but in no way does she replace Shelly. My rating are for Dr Wray and staff and not Kelsey.

January 25th, 2013
Staff
Dr. Wray and her NP Kelsey are WONDERFUL, but the nurse Terry and receptionist are worthless. They not only are absolutely rude but they do not do their jobs. I was suppose to get an auth. from them for my pharmacy to start on my MS medication and the nurse called me and told me that she did it, well she DIDN'T! She lied to me, straight up. I was suppose to start IV steroids 2 weeks ago, well I called her every 2 hours to get it started and she never called me back. Another lady that works in the back called to tell me when I'll be getting it done. I could name do much more that she has messed up on but I won't. Once you get past the pathetic staff and to the Dr. / NP then you are in goof hands@

October 18th, 2012
Outstanding physician and staff. Hope she never retires!!!

August 18th, 2012
Highly recommended
At the first visit Dr. Wray took the time to review my prior records and medical history, and examine me too. On the first visit she discovered a vitamin B12 deficiency that had been overlooked by my PCP and also by my allergist. On the second visit she discovered vitamin D deficiency. My quality of life improved 100% once these two deficiencies were corrected. She is an excellent doctor, and I would recommend her to anyone in East Tennessee who needs a neurologist. I drive 100 miles to see her.

July 13th, 2012
Dr. Wray nurse has no manners or courtesy with patients
This nurse has been working in dr. Wray office for almost one year & she acts like she hates being at work doesn't have any caring or greeting to patients. She needs to work in the morgue.

December 9th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr, Wray for about 5 years now. I like her and her NP Shelly. They both take plenty of time with me and have never rushed me. They are on the ball with faxed refill RX's and test results. the only reason I did not rate her 4 star is because she does not prescribe pain pills. If it weren't for my regular MD I think I would've went wild. I have MS.Dr, Wray believes in treating the source of the pain, which is all well and good, but what do you do in the meantime? MS HURTS!