Dr. Sidney Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 24th, 2015
He wasn't as bad as everyone says.

September 19th, 2015
Worst experience ever
Worst experience I have ever had. I went to Dr. Smith because I had a suspicious mole. While the doctor and his assistant were removing the mole to have it tested l had to listen to them spout their political views. When I went back in to get the results of the biopsy I was lead into an exam room and told "You have cancer, the doctor will be in to talk to you about it". I was left in the room for 20minutes to contemplate this information. When the "doctor" came in he proceeded to give me the worst case scenario and told me I needed to get my affairs in order. I went to another doctor for the rest of my treatment. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

May 4th, 2015
This is a wonderful doctor. He takes his time anwsering questions and concerns you have. Very friendly staff.

January 10th, 2015
Psoriasis
I liked Dr. Smith and his Physicians Assistant Troy Davis. I mostly see the PA for my psoriasis. We have tried several medications and have done several excisions of other lesions and also to confirm the Dx the first time. I have severe sun damage to my skin and neither one of them has done a decent overall inspection of my skin, I have been disappointed in that. This is the Tri-Cities, the doctors at the top of their field do not come here! Go to Seattle or Spokane if you feel you have a deep concern like melanoma that no one is addressing. Yes, I have met folks with melanoma that were incorrectly diagnosed here by several doctors. One of my friends died of melanoma because of poor Dx done here. Good luck.

March 28th, 2013
Awful!
Don't waste your time or money! DermaHealth was awful! They were suppose to get a pre-authorization for a procedure from my insurance. After calling them three time to figure out why it was taking so long, I just gave up. Still haven't heard back from them. They also recommended an expensive procedure that insurance wouldn't cover. I went to a different dermatologist and got another procedure done that was cheaper and covered by insurance. They were, however, very prompt with the bill.

September 2nd, 2011
After waiting 3 months to get into see Dr. Sidney Smith, he spent very little time with me during my initial visit. He prescribed two creams, suggested two face washes - "use one in the morning and one at night" - and said a Clairsonic device would be helpful. After leaving with these 5 products to use, and after using them for 6 weeks with no improvement and increased irritation, I scheduled a follow up visit. I was not happy that no improvement was visible. I also felt that I was quickly diagnosed and that the preferred method of treatment was to push product at the patient. I explained that I was unhappy that there had not been improvement and that I didn't feel that I was getting adequate evaluation and care. I also asked to be referred elsewhere if my condition couldn't be treated by him. He assured me they have "good stuff" at the clinic - which affirmed my product pushing suspicions - and then he gave me 10 days worth of Solodyn samples and said if I respond well to the antibiotic, he would write a prescription for me. I asked about possible side effects of the drug, but his response was that "every drug has some side effects". They sent me home with a box of sample drugs and NO instructions. Again, I don't feel the care was taken to demonstrate concern for the patient. I'm not even sure this is legal to give sample drugs without ANY guidance about how to use it, when to take it, possible side effects, etc. I looked up the information myself on the web, and this medication has some serious side effects that I was not warned about. I am going to call their office today to voice my concerns, but in case you are shopping for a Dermatologist in the Tri-Cities area, you may want to consider the drive to Spokane or Seattle. A 2-3 hour drive beats a 3 month wait. This is a small town and until more health care professionals come here to compete with the limited number of specialists in this community, the existing specialists will continue to get away with inadequate care practices because they are the only game in town. I come from Minnesota - the land of the Mayo Clinic, so I've seen top notch health care professionals most of my life. Unfortunately the Tri Cities is not a community that attracts great medical talent. I've had problem after problem with health care providers (and hospitals) in the Tri Cities since I moved her about 5 years ago. Your health is worth driving 2-3 hours for. Dr. Smith may be one of 2 dermatologists in this community (I hear that Dr. Hopp is almost mythically invisible because his patients are treated by a PA and have never even seen Dr. Hopp) - but there are MANY more on the west side! I'm convinced that's what I need to do.

May 25th, 2011
Horrible Experience - Do Not Recommend
First and foremost, I would NEVER recommend Dr. Sidney B. Smith to anyone. My experience with Dr. Smith was a horrible one. Dr. Smith was rude, condescending,and acted in a manner suggesting that the time spent with me was a HUGE imposition (He even went so far as to tap his foot while I talked). I understand the rigorous schedule of a Dermatologist, but his attitude was inexcusable. At one point, Dr. Smith blatantly refused to answer one of my questions and proceeded to verbally bash individuals such as myself who occasionally turn to the internet for medical questions. I left the office feeling degraded and horrible, I would never wish this upon another perspective patient so please, take my advice, do not put yourself through the trouble. However, the office staff were very sweet and helpful individuals, and many samples were provided for me. Again, I would NEVER recommend Dr. Sidney Smith to anyone.